1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

R.C. Sands?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Splat, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splat

Splat Member

I was lucky enough to win a pipe made by R.C. Sands. I've never heard of him before but it's a beautiful pipe and I wanted it, not to mention his good "feedback" (though scarce) so I took a chance. Hopefully it'll be here by the weekend but good things come to those who wait...supposedly. :) So anyone own a pipe by R.C. Sands and how do you like it?

2. Splat

Splat Member

Wow, I'm surprised by the lack of response. BTW, here's some of Chuck's pipes http://www.smokershaven.com/r-c-sands.aspx I have found a few folks with his pipes and they speak highly of them. Just gotta wait until I get mine now.

3. Moose

Moose Active Member

There are quite a few of his pipes I wouldn't mind adding to my stable. Enjoy yours when it arrives.

4. xrundog

xrundog Active Member

Hey! Good looking pipes at reasonable prices. I'll bet prices start creeping up before long.

5. javajunkie

javajunkie Member

i have one of his lower end, a forward leaning "rushing dublin"; it ain't a pageant winner, but it smokes great for me so far. enough that i would gladly consider one of his nicer offerings in the future. IIRC smoker's haven in columbus features his stuff.

6. Terry292

Terry292 Member

I bought a Sands pipe at the Columbus Show last August. As a matter of fact, it's the pipe I'm smoking as I type this. I wouldn't mind having a couple more. They're good pipes for not a lot of money. As I understand it, his output is limited, and he only sells locally (and possibly on E-Bay).

7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I haven't smoked one of his pipes, but I've smoked a pipe with him. Met him by chance sometime around thanksgiving. I was smoking a bowl of Kendal Dark in the Astas billiard (huge surprise) at Smoker's Haven and he came over and chatted with me. Seems like a nice guy, and the pipes he showed me looked like a good deal. Nice looking pipes, affordable. I couldn't tell you anything about their quality, except that I think he told me he doesn't hand cut stems so that he can make them more affordably. "I make pipes for smokers, not collectors"

dwaugh likes this.
  8. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

I really like that smooth egg on Smokers Haven, if my car wasn't in the shop I would seriously consider it

9. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Nice looking pipes. What pipe did you order?

10. Splat

Splat Member

If this is to me, I won/bought this sandblasted apple. I'm usually not one for sandblasteds but this just spoke to me. Looks like cooled lava. :)

[​IMG]

11. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

I'm not much for the apple shape but love that one. Nice big bowl. Pretty.

12. furious

furious Junque collector

Don't own one, but from what I've seen, he makes a good pipe for the price.

13. Moose

Moose Active Member

I like this pipe. Great rustication and shape.

14. Nboggs70

Nboggs70 Member

[​IMG]

I own this stack egg made by Sands. Not the prettiest pipe in the stable but a great workhorse smoker and a great deal at $50. I am sure I will purchase more pipes made by him in the future. BTW the guys at Smokers Haven are great to deal with.

15. Splat

Splat Member

Well I got the RC Sands pipe today. What a beauty! I didn't have a chance to smoke her today but she'll be gettin' a good one tomorrow, at the least. Perfectly drilled and the sand blasting is amazing. The stem's definitely off the shelf but I think it's Ebonite with a nice wide bit. I asked Chuck about the wood and his reply was "I only use greacian briar and it has been air cured for over ten years." If this thing smokes as good as it looks Chuck's gonna have a repeat customer.

16. Splat

Splat Member

I hadn't had time to post but let me now say.... Wow! It smokes great for a new pipe. :bing: I've bought mostly used pipes so I had forgot how break-in sucks...but I think it won't be bad with this. If it smokes better when broken in, and I don't see why it shouldn't, this is one helluva deal for a pipe. I think I got real lucky more folks didn't bid on this pipe. So, good for me, bad for Chuck. Now I gotta buy another of his pipes to quell my guilt over getting it so cheaply. ;) Since getting this pipe I've been able to find others with Chuck's pipes and I've not read one bad thing about them. They are quality workhorses for a very respectable price. :th1:

Basil Meadows and Jay like this.
  17. Splat

Splat Member

Well ladies and gents this thing smokes really, really well. When it's fully broken in I think it'll smoke as good as my Savinellis. Yes, it's that good. I already know I'll be buying another of Chuck's pipes...at the least one. I'm not getting anything for this but enjoyment each time I smoke this pipe. If you want a very good smoking pipe that won't break your bank then check out Chuck's pipes. :bing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.