1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Rainy Day Tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by tsgourley, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

What is your perfect rainy day tobacco?

It's raining today in the Oklahoma City area. It's just a light rain, not a torrential downpour filled with apocalyptic tornados and meteor-sized hail like the state is known for. This weather cries out for a good smoke on the porch, watching the rain fall and listening to the sounds of autumn fill the air.

I'm thinking a Virginia flake or even a VaPer has to be perfect for the rain. Maybe Union Square, OGS, or University Flake? I may take a bowl of PS Luxury Navy Flake out since I haven't smoked that in a while.

2. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

Something about rainy, drab days draws me to the strong stuff like Irish Flake.

3. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

I like a light english if its not raining too hard and its raining.

4. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I may go for a medium English like "Westminster" or something like that.

5. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

cube cut black irish xx twist in a clay tavern pipe. it smokes GREAT in the rain. dunno why.

6. slr

slr Member

I like Lancers Slices on a rainy day.

7. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

We get the odd wet day in the UK! When we do I find my mind wanders straight to the old cased and topped favourites like Condor etc - for me in the wet I like a robust tobacco you can still taste,

Happy smoking whatever

Gerry

8. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

gerry, you'd love the black xx twist. you've really gotta try it some day. as a matter of fact, next time i send something to you i'll cut you off a length of my favorite flammable cat turd.

9. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

I want to hear more about the rain. IIRC, that's moisture that falls from the sky, right? :)

If it were to rain here, I'd sure smoke some Luxury Navy Flake but, heck, I smoke it every day anyway.

There's one thing I miss about living in Nebraska. I liked the giant thunderheads, lightning and thunder (and really liked having a basement.) But, I sure didn't like seeing 8 foot tall corn reduced to one inch stubble due to hail and I don't miss the concerns of a tornado going through the middle of our feedlot and killing a bunch of cattle.

WyoBob

10. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I guess i need to find a good strong toby for these days, i guess ill ask the question, is there a english blend out there that is good and strong but has absolutely NO latakia in it or is just about all english the same? Would like to find one that is straight tobacco taste kinda like a cigar or something cause i totally dispise latakia!!!!!

11. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Wyobob - kinda like this? Robust tobacco needed! Could hardly stand in the gale Condor Long Cut in a Falcon after I got the shot!

Gerry

12. justMike

justMike Member

what I prefer kinda depends on what I'm aiming to do... If its just relax in the porch n read, I prefer a fill that can forgive being neglected for a while; the cookie-doughness of High Society is pretty good in that dept. (tho it leaves you feeling accutely hungry afterwards)...

If it means donning the wet weather geat to go take the dog for a walk, it needs to be something bulletproof; GH's OTC Black Cherry has yet to let me down there....

13. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Condor! [​IMG]

14. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

RRR would be my choice.

15. justMike

justMike Member

I really need to order some more of that... pangs of panic when I finished the tin earlier this afternoon...

16. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

Yeah. That's the ticket! I can almost hear and smell the rain.

Here's a link to some pictures of some pretty well developed thunderheads (along with some other odds & ends). http://preview.null.com/2ddtl65

WyoBob

17. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

I really like that there's a wide variety of tobaccos represented in this thread: not just an overwhelming "I'd smoke a strong latakia" or "Club Blend! LOL WUT?!" on repeat. I guess we all have our comfort tobaccos for different situations!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.