Ramblings of an Aromatic Fart

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Basil Meadows, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Sitting here with a pipe in my gob just relaxing and thinking. The Hobbie we have can be so fulfilling.
    Picking the tobacco, either an old favorite, or trying something new. The ritual of packing the bowl. What ever method works for you, I like placing the pipe close to the tobacco and slowly sprinkling the tobacco into the bowl, lightly packing and repeat until full. Then softly dancing a flame across the top of the pipe. Watching the tobacco turn gray as it releases it's flavor. The soft tamp and relite. The flavor hitting your mouth, ahhh, nice. Then the brain seems to shift into a different gear, not fast, or slow...smooth works better. Thoughts of what lays ahead for the day. Thoughts of events just passed.
    Remove the pipe and glance at the soft glowing cherry hiding just under a blanket of gray ash, put the pipe back for another sip. The smoke being pushed to the back of the mouth and up thru the nose...snork, they actually gave this a name?!? After all these years I find it actually has a name.
    The clock ticks away as I ponder the mysteries of life, not all of them, just the important ones. Why do we drive on a parkway, but park on a driveway? If a woman gets a manicure, why can't a man get a womanicure? Why is it called a HEMroid and not a HERroid, be more accurate! After that one, needed a relite. Dang, wasn't a relite, actually completed the pipe! Nothing left but ash, and still haven't figured anything out.
    Guess there's always next time. Any ramblings out there, please feel free to add. Hope this finds everyone in good health and having a great day!

2. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :bing: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Time stands still only clocks move :msty:

Basil Meadows and psquared like this.
  3. craig

craig Active Member

brilliant post basil, really enjoyed reading

Basil Meadows likes this.
  4. Moose

Moose Active Member

I think you said it all, and well, sir. Peaceful bliss in a pipe.

Basil Meadows likes this.
  5. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Ducks, water, sunset, sunrise,cool summer evenings,a good drink, good music...
    And the woman you love, smiling at you, as you enjoy all that life has given you

user3610 and Basil Meadows like this.
  6. rlucas

rlucas Active Member

Do I have to have the woman? I'm with her all the time as it is.
    Great post by the way. I was way off base when I saw the thread title. Thought it would be something totally differant.

Wideawake75 and Basil Meadows like this.
  7. Thuber88

Of course I have none of the aforementioned...

8. krusty

krusty Active Member

Same here. Mine sure aren't aromatic.

9. Wideawake75

Wideawake75 Member

I prefer to have the dog out with me while I have a smoke, she is content to sit quietly and doesn't ask me to do the dishes... haha

StubrnDutchman, WalkinStick and 5H4N3 like this.
  10. Bear84

Bear84 Member

I'm short a couple of ducks, can we sub in giant canines?

11. Thuber88

We could, but they tend not to sit leisurely on the water, while we gaze at them in quiet reflection.

12. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Cripes, I thought he wrote canaries!

I'm short a couple of ducks, can we sub in giant canines? Bear84

13. KleinToit

KleinToit Member

got me contemplating an aromatic fart, and exacly how much one would have to smoke to achieve said emmision... could this be one of the rewards of the lifelong persuit of pipehood? I have been smoking pipe for a couple years now and have not attained this mysterious ability, what would the requirement be? 20 years, 30 years? Is this a variation of the snork or the french inhale (which I have long suspected to be more than meets the eye?

Anyway seriously now, it is absolutely the best time to think about the day, sitting there quitely, or even in company, my little bubble, my time.

StubrnDutchman likes this.
  14. Thuber88

I think we just need more beans, or broccoli, then those aromatic farts are just a quiet sssssssssss away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.