1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate my pipe?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by William Seery, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Bull. It gets 3 stars on tobaccoreviews.com, and it's from Esotrerica, so how could you go wrong? Try it, you may like it. Compared to Prince Albert, it might be a little harder to keep lit or smoking cool at first, but you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

I'm not a believer in waiting until you're "ready" for something. I cut my teeth on goopy bulk aromatics, because conventional wisdom says that that's what newbie pipe smokers want, and that big, bold English blends or hot-burning Virginia flakes might scare one off the pipe. If I had it to do all over again I'd go straight for a tin of Squadron Leader and throw those sickeningly-sweet, bitey aromatics in a potpourri pot.

Herb

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

I agree with Herb, after you've built up a little heel cake with the PA, fire it up!

3. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Herb, I had to google the reference, American Band Stand... but it's unfair, I was rating the pipe on a scale of 1 to 10, so assuming your rating was out of 100, I gave it a 82.3. I'm just kidding Herb (smiley joke emoticon, but I just can't get used to using emoticons) :haha: OK, I did it....

William, you can't make any mistakes, this is all for fun and there is a lot of great advice here (ignoring me). I'm sure the Esoterica will be great. Prince Albert is nice, in my own opinion, I like it because it's well behaved. I was getting frustrated with other things; I got some Prince Albert, and although its was not the most interesting smoke, I didn't feel like I was trying to herd snakes in my bowl (you know, getting it to stay lit, not bite, etc.).... it was, well, a cool customer. -David

Kiowapipe likes this.
  4. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Actually, until I re-read your quote I thought you had given it an 82.3, and maybe I was just in on your joke.

dwaugh likes this.
  5. Bacek

Bacek Member

Forum member Burner introduced me to Esoterica Tilbury. It's one of my few favorite tobaccos now. I hope you will enjoy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.