1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Rate my pipe?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by William Seery, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Bull. It gets 3 stars on tobaccoreviews.com, and it's from Esotrerica, so how could you go wrong? Try it, you may like it. Compared to Prince Albert, it might be a little harder to keep lit or smoking cool at first, but you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

I'm not a believer in waiting until you're "ready" for something. I cut my teeth on goopy bulk aromatics, because conventional wisdom says that that's what newbie pipe smokers want, and that big, bold English blends or hot-burning Virginia flakes might scare one off the pipe. If I had it to do all over again I'd go straight for a tin of Squadron Leader and throw those sickeningly-sweet, bitey aromatics in a potpourri pot.

Herb

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

I agree with Herb, after you've built up a little heel cake with the PA, fire it up!

3. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Herb, I had to google the reference, American Band Stand... but it's unfair, I was rating the pipe on a scale of 1 to 10, so assuming your rating was out of 100, I gave it a 82.3. I'm just kidding Herb (smiley joke emoticon, but I just can't get used to using emoticons) :haha: OK, I did it....

William, you can't make any mistakes, this is all for fun and there is a lot of great advice here (ignoring me). I'm sure the Esoterica will be great. Prince Albert is nice, in my own opinion, I like it because it's well behaved. I was getting frustrated with other things; I got some Prince Albert, and although its was not the most interesting smoke, I didn't feel like I was trying to herd snakes in my bowl (you know, getting it to stay lit, not bite, etc.).... it was, well, a cool customer. -David

Kiowapipe likes this.
  4. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Actually, until I re-read your quote I thought you had given it an 82.3, and maybe I was just in on your joke.

dwaugh likes this.
  5. Bacek

Bacek Member

Forum member Burner introduced me to Esoterica Tilbury. It's one of my few favorite tobaccos now. I hope you will enjoy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.