1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Really Dumb Question

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by pauljmjr, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnTErskine

JohnTErskine Member

So, my brand new Sav came with one filter and no adaptor. How often should the filter be changed? Is there a place to purchase just the adaptor?

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

3. jkstewart1

jkstewart1 Member

Enjoy that vacation! From one cold climate, garage sitting, winter man cave, two heater guy to another!

4. pauljmjr

pauljmjr Member

Thanks. I love the look of the Sav and it's very comfortable in the mouth. I'll be taking it when we go down to the Bahamas for a little R&R.

Artistik likes this.
  5. pauljmjr

pauljmjr Member

Thanks. Too funny. Now I know I'm not alone when I'm contemplating life with a nice bowl while wedged between the two cars in the garage!

6. jkstewart1

jkstewart1 Member

Oh yeah. My wife won't allow any smoke in the house - from the kitchen or otherwise, so off to the garage I go. Tape cardboard over the windows, fire up the heaters, and contemplate finally insulating the darn place during the summer. Actually it's not too bad. I have a comfy chair, stereo, and a bed for my dog who always seems to get exiled with me!

7. cigrmaster

cigrmaster Member

Congrats on your new pipe. I have owned Sav's with the 6mm filter and Winslow's with the 9mm filters and smoked both without the filter and enjoyed the open draw. It is nice that you do not notice any issues with the draw and that you can smoke it with or without.

8. RevSmoke

RevSmoke Member

Dump the filter, you don't need it. Smoke it without and you'll enjoy it more. The filter is just a big clog and nasty to take out when it is all gunked up. I have had a few Savinellis with the filter and this is how I finally smoked them - and enjoyed them exponentially more.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.