1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Recent Boswell...thoughts, comments.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by strykersng, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strykersng

strykersng Member

This is a shared pic I used on a knife forum...will get some pipe specific pics in the future.

[​IMG]

2. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

Looks like a real nice pipe. I assume it smokes as good as it looks?

3. Beale

Beale Active Member

I do not see a picture?

4. strykersng

strykersng Member

Strange internet ghosts...here's another shot.

[​IMG]

BriarAnnie and Rewster66 like this.
  5. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I think you're lucky, I routinely stalk the Boswell site on Thursday morning, except I missed yesterday and a bent swirl just like I've been lusting after went for 85 bucks!

That photo looks like a pretty well equipped survival kit if you add a little tobacco!

Rewster66 likes this.
  6. strykersng

strykersng Member

Thanks...that makes my second Boswell. I see a few pokers from time to time that I like, but as you said, it's hit or miss if you don't get on his site first thing Thursday morning.

7. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Very nice! I've been looking at the Boswell site for a while now, but don't own one yet. I like their pokers too.

8. strykersng

strykersng Member

This is my only other Boswell and it smokes nice as well...thanks for the kind words gentlemen.
    [​IMG]

RTOdhner, BriarAnnie and Rewster66 like this.
  9. DocB

DocB Active Member

Nice pipes... very nice.

10. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

Boswell has great stuff. I recently bought a churchwarden off them. They make a beautiful package presentation too......Churchwarden cleaners, a pipe tool, matches and a nice leather pouch.They didnt have one for sale but made up one when I mentioned I always miss their Thursday Sale. Its a great pipe and they have great aromatic tobaccos.
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RTOdhner, nowsharing and Jussto like this.
  11. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Droooooolllll, That is an awesome piece! I love their spirals, and the way it blends with the stem, I'm sure it smokes wonderfully as well! Were you able to go by their shop?

12. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

I called and the dad (I guess J.M.) picked up and I had just missed all their Thursday morning new pipes. He asked what I was looking for and he said he had a possible churchwarden in the back. Dan emailed me a pic....and I loved it. I asked if they could lighten the color for me a bit and they did exactly as I asked.
    Dan mentioned his dad had to work on the stem because he likes to match the spirals :-p They were VERY nice people to deal and the pipe is really a well made item. And the way it came wrapped was beautiful!
    So if you miss out on their sale or had something in mind, give them a call because they may have something not on the site :)
    -Anne

13. BriarAnnie

BriarAnnie Member

The Boswell's make great stuff. This is a very manly pipe :-p I really like hte shape!

14. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

Note to self.....time to check out Boswell....on Thursday. Nah...I think I'll go right now....LOL

15. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

UH....went to Boswell.....I'm speechless.....their pipes....and their prices. No wonder they're all sold every Thursday.

16. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Wait, you are close enough to pop in at any time of your choosing and you had not?! Silly. That or you have a plane and decide to fly in. If that is the case, please pick me up next time! Great place and good people!

nitehawk likes this.
  17. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Some sweet pipes here...I have one older Boswell that smokes a treat after all these years...dated '96.I'll have to hunt up a pic.....
    Love that C/W Annie! Stryke...that's almost a volcano...great rusty-kashun!

18. nitehawk

nitehawk Active Member

soundlzrd....LOL....I meant I checked out their web page. Looked at the pipes they already had marked as "sold", and checked their prices.

19. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Stryker, those are some very nice pipes, and Annie, that churchwarden is about the most graceful pipe I've seen. Very nice choice.

Herb

20. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I feel much better about your sanity. :) I try to make it over there at least once a month. They are good people. The fact they make great pipes and so many good blends, doesn't hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.