Recent Sam Gawith Issues

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Rugbysh9, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Been hearing that there have been some issues with the recent batch of SG bulk that made its way to this side of the pond. People have reported that the FVF and SJF have some Latakia in it :startle: Any PSFers pick any up? Can you comment on it? Its apparently at a point where people have reached out to Rich at 4noggins and Sykes at SP.

- Rugs

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Got some FVF inbound. Will letchya know.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

3. CBR

CBR Member

Whoa! That's a significant "glitch" if it turns out to be true. They must be in a sure rush to get the prdouct to stores.

4. Puff The Magic

Wonder how the FVF-Lat & SJF-Lat blendz taste SG-style. May be pretty good. I guess we'll see.

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Glad I only grabbed 1792 now.

6. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Glad I got the tins I got last time they were available...sadly won't be opening them for some time.

7. Puff The Magic

How did you find out about the bastid-ized FVF & SJF? Word of mouth from a sister forum? If the toby really did get hit with a batch of unexpected lat, I sure hope it tastes and smokes good.

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

8. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Its on another forum and I talked to DoverPipes a while ago and he told me that the FVF he just received from SP smelled rather off.

9. Puff The Magic

Hopefully it's just that "fresh" smell that sometimes (more ofyen than not) can be a bit "off". Well, I'll have to do a comparo 'tween old vs new (in my case it'll be old tinned vs new bulk) which i'd imagine will be a bit diff but shouldn't have any lat essence in either. Will report on my findings.

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puf

10. yinyang

Huh, that 1792 I received smelled 'off' too...of course I've never had any before this... :yes:

Funky good fun, this tobacco.

Hope the FVF/SJF issue is an isolated one.

11. WillH

WillH Active Member

If they did indeed mess up FVF that would he a shame. I've got two tins of two year old FVF! Was saving them for December 12, 2012. :eek:hyeah:

Will

12. Coffee-Cup

Coffee-Cup Member

I picked up a pound of SG FVF and I smoked two bowls and the flavor was absolutely wonderful. Unfortunately I do not have any previous experience with it to tell the difference, but if it was better than what I just got I will be pleasantly surprised. :dunno:

13. Puff The Magic

Va+Lat is GOOD...........that is if you're a Lat-luv'r and really like Va+Lat weedz. If you don't, you've got a serious "bitch". For me, if mine comes in with "eau de lat", I'll smoke it first and see how it is. If it's good, I'll consider it a "fluke" that's a good one. If not and it smokes like Horsey PooPoo, then I'll bitch for sure. Yes, EVERYONE makes mistakes and with the amount of bad luck SG has had over the past year(s), I wonder if it isn't something supernatural or beyond reality coming into play here.........some ghostly intervention here? I won't rule out the supernatural........afterall, Halloween is right around the corner! :startle:

Let'chyall know if my FVF is "Lat Tainted" when it arrives.

Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

14. Puff The Magic

Just got a pound each of Navy Flake (has lat) and FVF (has no lat) and they both are what they're supposed to be.

Hmmmm, now a Va-Per-Lat ehhhhh? If indeed SJF has Lat in the 2010 bulk version. Hope it's good.

Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

15. commonsenseman

commonsenseman Member

I didn't run into any issues with Lat in my FVF, although I do know a few guys who did.

I did however receive a lb of Firedance Flake when I ordered FVF.

16. jvergen

jvergen Member

I know I am new to the forum but this theme of the companies we like not being able to support our needs is happening all over. Is it a productions issue? and if so they would need to invest into people and equipment and no one wants to do that now. So we will continue to see problems with quality unless demand decreases and they can catch up. Or it it that these comapnaies are having hard times with importing and tariffs and taxes?

just my 2 cents

17. yinyang

SG has had several issues befall them recently. Top of the list was that their facility was flooded out not too long ago.

18. jvergen

jvergen Member

That would do it, if they lost a bunch of material they where ageing it would take some time to get back going. And if nothing else they are trying to get product to customers even if it's not perfect rather have them a bit made then leave all together. I under stand it, I work for a food company and you do what you can when things happen just to maintain your customer base.

19. cmw00

cmw00 Member

So there is no SG tobacco around? I was wanting to try some chocolate flake.

20. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

CCC,

SP still has a larger bag of this available. 20 bucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.