Recommend me a VaPer

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Degenetron, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

So there are a few good ones to choose from. :puffy:

I've made orders left and right and will soon be trying out vapers and vaper related tobaccos untill my tongue falls off it seems. It will be a good summer ;)

2. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

St James Woods...McClelland
    FMOTB...McClelland
    Blakney's Best Bayou Slice...McClelland
    St James Flake...S/G
    Bayou Morning Flake/RR...C&D

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

H&H Anni-Kake (give it at least 6 mos. FANTASTIC! )

Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls, superb right from the tin

Rattray's Hal of the Wynd, wonderfully "complex" va-per, more flavors thrown at you but not all at once (strong nic compared to other va-pers)

PS LNF one of the best bang for the va-per buck

PS LBF if you wish a touch of cavendish with your va-per

SG St James Flake among my favs where va-pers are concerned (along with Dunhill DNR)

Escudo the benchmark va-per

McCl 2015 the bulk benchmark va-per

Reiner LGF if you don't mind some burley tossed into the mix. Just smoked a huge bowl of LGF yesterday and there is a reason why I've got 20 + tins cellar'd. Superb smoke.

Used to smoke nothing but Va's & Va-Pers.................... a piper could spend a lifetime just smoking them. Many to choose from and I definitely have not tried them all (major ones) but am working on it. :D

Ed
    Puff

4. mugwump

mugwump Member

I guess Anni Kake would qualify as my usual VAPer but for a change of pace I like McClelland's Beacon a lot as it has nice tangy, citrusy kick.

5. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Lots of good recommendations here. I'll especially second the Rattrays- Marlin Flake and Old Gowrie. Gowrie is light on the Perique but wonderfully delicious.
    And for Va/Per bang:buck, it's hard to beat LNF.

6. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I've been smoking HOTW forever. I never thought of it as a VaPer until recently (Rattray bills it as "A pure Virginian tobacco of a most unusual share of strength"), but lately I've really started noticing the Perique flavor, especially if I dry it out a little more than usual and smoke it in a briar. I have historically smoked it a little on the moist side, usually in my Calabash.

Herb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.