1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend me a VaPer

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Degenetron, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Apr 9, 2011
    So there are a few good ones to choose from. :puffy:

I've made orders left and right and will soon be trying out vapers and vaper related tobaccos untill my tongue falls off it seems. It will be a good summer ;)
  2. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    St James Woods...McClelland
    Blakney's Best Bayou Slice...McClelland
    St James Flake...S/G
    Bayou Morning Flake/RR...C&D
  3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    H&H Anni-Kake (give it at least 6 mos. FANTASTIC! )

Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls, superb right from the tin

Rattray's Hal of the Wynd, wonderfully "complex" va-per, more flavors thrown at you but not all at once (strong nic compared to other va-pers)

PS LNF one of the best bang for the va-per buck

PS LBF if you wish a touch of cavendish with your va-per

SG St James Flake among my favs where va-pers are concerned (along with Dunhill DNR)

Escudo the benchmark va-per

McCl 2015 the bulk benchmark va-per

Reiner LGF if you don't mind some burley tossed into the mix. Just smoked a huge bowl of LGF yesterday and there is a reason why I've got 20 + tins cellar'd. Superb smoke.

Used to smoke nothing but Va's & Va-Pers.................... a piper could spend a lifetime just smoking them. Many to choose from and I definitely have not tried them all (major ones) but am working on it. :D

4. mugwump

mugwump Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I guess Anni Kake would qualify as my usual VAPer but for a change of pace I like McClelland's Beacon a lot as it has nice tangy, citrusy kick.
  5. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Lots of good recommendations here. I'll especially second the Rattrays- Marlin Flake and Old Gowrie. Gowrie is light on the Perique but wonderfully delicious.
    And for Va/Per bang:buck, it's hard to beat LNF.
  6. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Mar 17, 2011
    I've been smoking HOTW forever. I never thought of it as a VaPer until recently (Rattray bills it as "A pure Virginian tobacco of a most unusual share of strength"), but lately I've really started noticing the Perique flavor, especially if I dry it out a little more than usual and smoke it in a briar. I have historically smoked it a little on the moist side, usually in my Calabash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.