1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend me some orientals!!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by xmacro, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

http://www.pipes2smoke.com/

It's all there, old pal.

2. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Dunhill Early Morning Pipe.

It's very easy to smoke straight from the tin. Just a little Latakia, slightly sweet, burns very well and a nice little nicotine hit.

:th1:

WrightwoodJohn likes this.
  3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

@ Arkie It still tastes fine. Very balanced and very interesting, and still a good quality leaf I think. But it used to really sing. It seems to me that it used to have a headier head, sharper sharps, sweeter sweets. I can't find the sweet plummy taste that used to be in there, and the latakia element is now so faint as to be basically nonexistent, and this didn't used to be the case. It used to be more like Squadron Leader, I suppose.

If you haven't tried "Legends" - I implore you to do so.

WrightwoodJohn likes this.
  4. xmacro

xmacro Member

Ok, so I've tried Legends, Quiet Night, and a few of the McClelland Grand Orientals - not real wild about the Legends or the Quiet Night, but I'm loving Grand Oriental Classic Samsun, Smyrna No. 1, and to a slightly lesser extent, Drama Reserve. Very nice flavor that I can retrohale all day with no burn in the nose; subtle, smooth, and just very nice

5. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

I've stuggled a bit with Legends, just can't seem to nail it. However I mix it (1:3, or 1:4) with a mild smoke like Tinderbox Special or Sherlock, and it just sings...

6. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I love "Samsun!" To me, it tastes like a naturally sweeter version of a top-notch burley.

LifeOfRiley likes this.
  7. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

+1 on McClelland's Classic Samsun. In addition to the burley character that Pecci refers to, when I'm careful to smoke it slow it gives off a sweetness that's reminiscent of dark maple.

Pecci likes this.
  8. Slow Tri

Slow Tri Is it Friday yet?

I can't believe that I forgot to mention Blue Mountain by McClelland.

That was the blend that brought me over to the dark side after years and years of being a devout Virginia and VaPer smoker.

9. xmacro

xmacro Member

Damn, gonna have to pick up some of that. Seems McClelland has a bunch of really great tobacco's in their stable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.