Red Cap Tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Kingjango22, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingjango22

Kingjango22 Member

While at a local store, I decided to purchase a blend of tobacco named Red Cap. I opened the bag, smelled it, felt it, loaded some in the pipe (all after purchasing) and noticed...Red Cap is NOT PIPE TOBACCO! It is howevr cleverly relabeled cigarette tobacco. Do not buy unless you want to send in the offer and get a half way decent pipe. Thanks

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

It makes a pretty good cigarette though .

3. Kingjango22

Kingjango22 Member

That is what my father said. Why would they label cigerette tobacco as pipe tobacco? Unless it is to get around the tax laws in California?

4. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Both California and Federal, I reckon. Local tobacco shop has great big bags of "pipe tobacco" that everyone uses for cigarettes.

5. Kingjango22

Kingjango22 Member

That throws me off everytime I have to restock!

6. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

That's it; companies repackaging RYO cigarette tobacco as "pipe tobacco" so they can avoid taxes and price it low. I have an unofficial boycott on these -- although it doesn't matter because it's usually crap that I would never buy anyway -- as it's a reason/pretext (depending on how you look at it) for proposals to jack up tax on pipe tobacco.

7. Kingjango22

Kingjango22 Member

The offer for the pipe that costs a few dollars is not worth it either. Damned shank falls out from the bowl and then breaks up inside of the bowl. smoking is impossible if you tamp it down ad try to relight it then you get ash in your mouth and the stench of burning glue fills your nose...what a waste!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.