1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Rich Latakia

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Grim_Puffer, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

Feb 21, 2010
    OK its been awhile since ive posted here but ive still been smoking.

Ive found that all of my VAs, VaPers, and other blends have not been touched in months while my latakia blends have been burned through.

I have som FMOTT on the way, i know i know shoudlve had this a long time ago, but ive been using Northwoods, Countryside from boswells and im looking for what some of you may call a special latakia

Ive found ppl on here know their stuff so im opened to suggestions for a nice rich latakia blend.

thanks guys
  2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Jul 15, 2009
    Hey Grim

One of the heaviest hitters in terms of Latakia is Old Ironsides, now recently available again. It's worth trying!

Cooper, from Low Country (smokingpipes.com) is a "medium english" except that it is nothing like a medium english in my books - latakia bomb! Very smooth and tasty with a nice touch of orientals.

The new "Legends" blend from McClelland is tasty. Not super strong for Latakia but it's present and it's good.

If you like FMOTT, Old Dublin is sort of the "grown up" version. Less sweet, more latakia, and more orientals.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Jan 29, 2010
    If you're looking for Latakia you can't go wrong with Samuel Gawith Commonwealth and Westminster or Odyssey by GL Pease.
  4. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Try Star of the East flake from C&D
  5. hagbard

hagbard Member

May 23, 2010
    Hearth & Home (pipesandcigars.com) Larry's Blend and Ten To Midnight are both very robust. I smoke most of the blends mentioned here so far and I personally think Larry's blend is a little more rich with the lat. I also find it to have a very creamy smoke. Ten to midnight is more or less a crumble Kake version.
  6. commonsenseman

commonsenseman Member

Jul 16, 2010
    C&D DaVinci is pretty heavy on Latakia, so is Penzance, but it can be really hard to find.
  7. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Dec 10, 2009
    You need to try GL Pease Westminster and Odyssey for sure. His newest Quiet Nights is pretty good too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.