RLP-6

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by thatpipedude, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatpipedude

thatpipedude Member

Well I got to the last few oz. in my CBW tub tub today. I have enough to fill my leather pouch and have a few bowls left. So, I went to walmart and bought an extra pouch. Then, logged on to 4noggins and did something I've been intending to do... ordered some RLP-6. When I get it in you can expect a review here. It is the "premium CBW".

2. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Yep, same stuff without so much sticky preservatives and much cheaper!

3. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

lane rlp-6, r-18 and 1-q are all the base tobaccos for the captain black blends. they have an aromatic casing/preservative added afterwards. the lane blends are pretty damn good, though i can't really deal with captain black.

4. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Have become quite a fan of the Lane's tobaccos since Liam sent me some to try - I didn't know though that they were actually the Base for Captain Black tobaccos. I did try some Captain Black Gold and thought the aroma and taste was similar - now I know!

My own favourite of the Lane's is IQ - mildish slightly sweet but never cloys,

Best to all

Gerry

5. falconsmoker

falconsmoker Member

I think you will find RLP-6 a little zestier tasting than CBW, actually, when I smoked aromatics I preferred it over CBW, enjoy!

6. thatpipedude

thatpipedude Member

Well, I received my order today. I have to say this stuff is fantastic! It is zestier, almost seems bitey, but I've absolutely tortured this bowl and no bite. This will probably be my new goto baccy. It taste like tobacco with faint hints of vanilla and chocolate maybe, it seems lighter than CBW (I don't know how else to describe it maybe it's less casing, maybe its better tobacco, very likely both). RLP-6 is an easy smoke. Looks the same as CBW, aside from the cut being a rougher cut and less ribbon cut, and as much as the other half liked the CBW room note I think she likes this better! I cannot really tell the difference, but when she came home from work without knowing I had gotten any new tobacco, She says what are you smoking that smells great. I just told her it's CBW, but he won the lottery and moved to Beverly Hills.

So my final vote...taste better, lighter, cleaner feel in the mouth, very smooth smoke that I didn't have to fiddle with to keep lit, as far as room note I can't tell any real difference, but I'm smoking it not sniffing it.

7. grga

grga Member

Lane's RLP-6 and 1-Q are on my "wish to try" list long time ago.

8. Pipedan

Pipedan Member

RLP - 6 , 1-Q, Mv1000, and BCA always seem to make my TAD order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.