Roll cake

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Cody Barr, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cody Barr

Cody Barr Member

While I am fairly new to pipe smoking, I have only little over a year in it. I have acquired all my tastes through the bulk tobacco at my local tobacco shop. Mostly aromatics and some pure Virginia blends, I finally decided to stretch my tastes out to some other brands. Recently I purchased 3 tins of Mac Baren tobacco, 7 seas, cherry ambrosia, and roll cake. While 7 seas, and cherry ambrosia are very familiar to what I've been smoking. I have no idea how to smoke, or what to expect from roll cake. Any suggestions on anyone's preferences for this tobacco would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely
    Cody B

2. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

3. Cody Barr

Cody Barr Member

Thankyou that was very helpful.

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

ROLL CAKE GOOOOOOD!

ME LIKE!

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Just as a little more info, you can simply kind of crunch up a few coins and jam the wad into the pipe and light it, or you can rub it right out. The difference in flavor is significant. Both are good, but if you rub it right out it gets much more unified, whereas if you leave it mostly whole as you smoke you'll get a super sweet hit, and then a woody sort of taste, and then a spicey sort of thing going on... each as some particular part of the coin burns. Fun stuff!

Don't be afraid to dry it just a touch too. They contain more moisture than it feels like.

ruffinogold likes this.
  6. Dogman

Dogman Member

Exactly what Sas said. Great stuff. Gets better the longer it sits. Mine is a little over a year old. Can't wait to try it at 10 yrs.

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

All the MB " Rolls " are fantastic , imo .. I enjoy Roll Cake but fall over myself for MB Latakia . Like Sasquatch said .... Rub or scrunch and anything in between .. just smoke it ! Play with it in different ways and you'll find your groove with it . I just break it apart a bit [ with fingers ] and fill like that ... but that's how I do it . Enjoy it :th1:

8. ericwinpa

ericwinpa Member

I have been smoking roll cakes and coins recently. Give Peter Stokebye's Luxury Bullseye Flake a try;). If you enjoy this style of tobacco. I have tried many methods (rub out, stuff and fold, etc). So try it with numerous methods for preparation and even in different pipe types/styles. These types of tobaccos are some of my favorites!

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.