1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Ropes!!!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Bradabelko4, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

Ok, well I've finally been able to figure out SG Black XX. I absolutely love it. So question is. Can anyone recomend some rope tobacco? Bulk is preferred over tins because id probably get several different blends.

2. krusty

krusty Active Member

I am such an anal oldfart.
    A "Twist" is leaf rolled or twisted into a rope. There after sold as twist tobacco.

The internet grammer nazis got nuthin' on me (-;

By all means if ya liked the SG Black XX give G&H Brown Bogie a shot. Very different beastie, not so much burnt rubber and oil as the SG but more on the smoldering tanned leather side of things.

Good stuff! (-:

3. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

Anyone else have any suggestions?

4. gahdzila

gahdzila Member

GH has a black rope. It's called Black Irish X. Good stuff. I haven't tried SG Black XX, but I would imagine that they are similar. It also comes presliced - Sliced Black Twist.

My favorite is GH Sweet Rum Twist. Strength of a rope, sweetness of an aro.

5. Bradabelko4

Bradabelko4 Member

Hmm. Though I'm not quite a fan of aros, I think I might just get some of every rope SG and GH available when I have the $$$

6. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Black irish X is lighter in nicotine (but by no means a lightweight...it has given me the hiccups) and a much more pleasant taste than Samuel Gawith Black XX.

I have a lb of the Gh and only an ounce of the XX.

7. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

SG brown #4. It's a bit stronger than XX. With a few months of age, it becomes amazing. It's still stays really strong but not as harsh as when it's fresh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.