Samuel Gawith

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Bent, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bent

Bent Member

Can anyone tell me what happened to Samuel Gawith Blends? I can't find them anywhere in the U.S. anymore. I enjoyed the chocolate flake quite a bit and wanted to try perfection, I checked and they are gone in tins and bulk.

Have they been discontinued?

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Gawith have had a bunch of issues with manufacturing and distribution (as well as increased demand) and basically haven't been able to keep up. You can find various products lurking around, but certain things like Full Virginia Flake and Squadron Leader have become hard to come by.

My advice: Find what you can but get used to not having it.

3. Bent

Bent Member

Thanks for the info! at least I know they are not discontinued. Hopefully they'll be available at least intermittently.

4. jay29

jay29 Member

At least I scored 1/2 pound of St. James Flake during the buying frenzy! I feel lucky. I keep a credit card with some room on it for sudden purchases like this.

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

This is the way it is...keep your ear to the ground, or at least to the forum, and word comes soon enough when an etailer gets some in stock. The trick is having the money, and access, to the internet for the four hours or so it is still available. It's not an ideal situation, but it can pay off.

6. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

From what I'm seeing, SG pipe tobacco is going to go for around $70 bucks a pound. Who can afford such a price increase? It makes me wonder if we're going to see price gouging by the Etailers that have it. $70 bucks a pound and they'll sell it.

You can buy excellent tobaccos readily available for much less.

OBD.

7. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

And a tub of PA went from $17 to $42.....it's the same all over. :thumbsd:

8. atwageman

atwageman Member

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I played it smart.....I put a deposit down many months ago to assure I would get mine and not have to play the hide and seek game this go around.

9. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

mmm....$70 bucks a pound! - I would be delighted!, US $70 is around UK £43-50 that would nearly get me 250grams!....the irony is - I can go to the store and buy any of it - anytime....if I have some cash left in my pocket! LOL :eek:hyeah:

10. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Hey Bent, I saw tins of Perfection at Paylesspipes.com. Smoking a little Chocolate Flake myself right now, BTW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.