1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Sas & Pecci infected me w/TAD

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by BradNTX, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Popped in to check out the latest on PSF and saw Pecci's VaPer thread. I've had a big tin of McClelland Blackwoods Flake that I've only smoked two bowls of because of taste. I thought, I should go ahead & nab a couple ounces of perique & burley to see what it does to the BWF.

I threw a 2oz C&D white burley bulk in the old cart. Then found some granulated perique and did the same (2oz). On the right column of the website was something about MacBaren... of COURSE I clicked it! Up came a list of MacBaren tinned tobies and guess what rang through my head?

"Presbyterian Mixture (Solomon) or Legends (McClelland). Any of the roll cakes from Mac Baren - Roll Cake, Club Blend, Dark Twist - they're wicked"

Sasquatches words rang through my noggin, and so I also chucked a tin each of MacBaren Roll Cake and Blub Blend in the cart. All well, I have a few more weeks before 2010, the Year of TAD ends and 2011, the year of PAD begins. :groucho:

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Well done!

3. Stoked

Stoked Member

I can vouch for the Dark Twist. Wicked good is almost an understatement though. I'm pretty much convinced Club Blend (or Blub Blend LOL) is going to be wicked good as well and I'm dying to try it but the damned postal service is taking forever.

4. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Good for you, Brad! :thumb:

5. erickghint

erickghint Member

Club Blend is fantastic. I haven't tried the Dark Twist yet, but I can say that Club is one of my daily smokes.

6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

My order came in yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't even notice that the MacBaren tins were 100g and not 50g. Nice!

I am breaking out the digital scale tonight for my first attempt at blending. I think I'll mix 48% Blackwoods Flake with 48% White Burley and 4% Perique. I may add Perique if it tastes like it needs it.

7. Brian

Brian Member

Nice Haul!

I didn't like Dark Twist. I keep thinking I should buy another tin, because the first and only one was smoked when I was still way too new with the pipe. I am sure now, thinking back, that I puffed it way too hard and fast.

I love Club Blend! It's one of my favorites. That's why I keep thinking to go back for another tin of Dark Twist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.