1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Sasieni question!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Vaquero, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

I have been admiring this Sasieni 4 Dot Ruff Root bulldog for a while now:
    http://www.mkelaw-pipes.com/html/pipee1693.html

In the 5th photo, which is of the stamping, "FRANCE" appears on the stem.
    So just checking with you Sasieni-savvy pipesmokers, this is a newer Sasieni, am I correct?

What are the chances of it smoking well? I love the way it looks, but I haven't heard much positive (haven't heard much at all) about the newer Sasieni's which were made in France, apparently?

Thanks for your knowledge!

2. Hudson

Hudson Member

No knowledge here but I share your admiration for its visuals. I didn't see a price but I think everyone here will agree that you absolutely owe it to us to purchase this pipe and document every bowl and submit lengthy reports of your experiences. Membership has its privileges but it also carries heavy responsibility and such is the path to enlightenment and peer group approval. Thank you for your dedication.

Vaquero and dwaugh like this.
  3. cakeanddottle

cakeanddottle Member

If the stamping reads Four Dot, it's an English made family era pipe. If it reads 4 Dot, it's a post merger mass produced pipe.

Dondi likes this.
  4. furious

furious Junque collector

The French pipes while decent smokers generally don't hold a candle to the family-era English pipes.

5. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

I bought the same period pipe, NIB blue sock/blue box, a few years ago at CORPS in Richmond for $40; it looks great, is built like a brick outhouse and smokes perfectly. I'd say mine was a bargain given the wonderful smoking properties.

6. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Active Member

I've got a family era Sasieni and a new one. I have also heard bad news about the new ones but my new 4dot panel is a great smoker. It has the most comfortable stem of any factory pipe I own. My experience is limited to those 2 pipes.

7. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

Well this one is listed as $80 dollars with a 15% discount, so $68? If my math is correct.
    I love the way it looks, I don't have a bulldog yet and am wanting a sandblast. I'm going to wait and see what else
    comes up, otherwise this pipe may be in my future.

That being said, where are all of the older Sasieni's found? I see some on Ebay but they look like hell and people want 200, 300 bucks for them!

8. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

Well I can't be absolutely sure but it's possible that a couple of them are on my workbench waiting for a clean-up. :puffy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.