1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Sasquatch Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by badbusinessman, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badbusinessman

badbusinessman ☺️

I purchased one of Sasquatch's pipes a few weeks ago. I've been breaking it in and just want to report that it is fan-freaking-tastic. I was a bit of a skeptic, too. From the get-go it has smoked beautifully. I thought the wide open draw would be too much, but I think now that the draw needs to be proportional to the bowl, and that Sas has it nailed. I have a few smaller pipes that smoke about as well, but have smaller draft bores, and smaller pipes with larger bores that don't smoke that well. I have a lot of larger pipes where the draft is the same size as the brand's smaller pipes, and they don't smoke as well. The common denominator with my best smoking pipes is high quality briar and a draw that is not too open and not too tight. I can only assume that Sas is using very nicely cured briar in addition to well thought out, well executed drilling and filing. Oh, and on top of that, it's just a beauty to look at and hold.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Yes... YES - the hours of geometry and calculus have paid off. The complicated equations and the vector analysis, coupled with a wicked piece of briar, and voila!

I actually think a couple things - yes, airway and bowl size relate, and the very worst combo is large bowl and small airway.

Equally important is a slight restriction in the stem. Wide open all the way feels funny, and tight all the way doesn't work worth crap.

Anyway, I'm glad you like that pipe. I almost liked it myself a couple times, but managed to leave it unsmoked.

3. Major

Major Member

From what I have seen and read about Sas's work he never fails to impress.
    He accepts AMEX, VC, MC, DISC, Dinners Club, Pay Pal, S&H Green Stamps and Club Med (for his Bahama vacations). :groucho:

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Yeah well, most of these guys have only ever smoked a used corn-cob, so I guess my work is a stunning improvement over that. :thumbsu:

5. SBritton

SBritton Member

I

Told

You

So

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

When you support something enthusiastically people can be a little cynical about what you say, but I first happened across Sas a couple of years ago on another forum when he helped a guy sort out the problems with a pipe he had, and first posted his most useful diagramme on ramped airways.

It just made sense to me - possibly because it was a more elegant solution rather than the type of basic fix I'd done for years on troublesome pipes. What the Big Guy says is true - his pipes don't gurgle; and believe me I tried to make one do it just to test out how good he was.

On that same Forum he said "When I make a pipe for a guy, I don't just want him to say it's a good smoker - I want it to knock his socks off." That's quite a stiff target to aim for - and I feel he does.

As with the earlier post "Told you so!"

Happy smoking in good health for many many years with your Sas pipe!

Gerry

7. Cobra

Cobra Member

You can add me as a satisfied believer. :eek:hyeah:

[​IMG]

8. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

I can only agree with all the other posts. The three Sas pipes I own are the best smokers I have. I have a few others in rotation that smoke well, but Sas's are my favorite.

Z

9. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

X 6 I love my Sas pipe as well. Combined with Shortcut to Mushrooms and it is top of the list of my smoking combinations.

10. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Sas does indeed make a "knock your socks off" pipe! Were I only allowed one pipe, it would be this lovely perfect billiard he made me recently:

[​IMG]

It's the best smoker I've ever known and was worth every penny!

11. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hiall,

Brian - tought it was a real looker when I first saw it; glad (but not surprised) that it's a great smoker. Many happy years with it,

Best to all

Gerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.