1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Sas's savory smoke synonymous with satisfying

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by erickghint, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erickghint

erickghint Member

I opened the tin of Club Blend to find a wonderful looking roll cake, neatly sliced into perfect little coins. The tin note struck me as odd. It was slightly sour, but in a good way. Sas had warned me that the coins would look and feel a bit on the dry side, but that was normal and they would be good and moist. Taking this advice to heart, I allowed a few coins to air out for about 30min prior to loading. After their little drying session, I rubbed the coins out and loaded them into my Pete bulldog. The charring light went fairly well, and the true light was the same. The taste can only be described as... interesting. Imagine if awesome was a flavor. In all seriousness, the taste is that of good Va. with unsweetened Cavendish. There's The aroma of this tobacco is comforting for some reason. I don't recall ever smelling anything like this, but for some reason it's relaxing and comforting to me. Makes me think of the country after a rain storm, and for some reason conjures up images of my friend's grandparents' house in Thetford, England. I've already ordered another tin of this stuff, and it's made my normal rotation. If you haven't tried it, and you like Virginias, I highly recommend that you buy a tin.

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All

Thanks for the post - I'm a big lover of virginias and always interested in trying new ones. The imagery you use is so evocative I've just got to try this one!

Thanks again

Gerry

3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Great review, Erick! You should try
    this blend in an Italian. ;)

dp

4. noflex

noflex Member

Thanks for the review, put it on my to try list. :thumbsu:

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Resistance is futile.

6. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Yet I'm just SO go at it!!!!

7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

You will be assimilated.

8. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

9. pottsy

pottsy Member

OK, fine, ordering some club blend.

10. erickghint

erickghint Member

Coming from you, Gerry, that means a lot. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Dondi, thanks for the video link. It seems that the infamous MacBaren leather tongue is fairly explainable. From what he said at the end there, it's not just the heat of the smoke. When the sugars in the tobacco get hot enough, they convert to acid. I'm not sure if that's scientifically right, but it would make more sense than most other explanations that I've heard. (Hot + sugar) = acid = mouth that needs a chemical burn unit. Either way, I think the point is take it easy and you won't have to worry about it.

11. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

you're welcome Erick! I do look forward to reading more baccy reviews from you, you seem to have a knack for it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.