1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savenilli Oscar Elite 310

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Xecutech, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

This is my only estate pipe. It's a Savenilli Oscar Elite 310, but that's all I know about it. If anyone knows more on this pipe, I would appreciate it.

[​IMG]

Scottly, Elwin and Mark w4mms like this.
  2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Nice Sav!

3. Ashley Boyd

Ashley Boyd Member

That is a nice looking pipe. Don't have anything to offer aside from that.:)

4. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

That's what I keep running into Ashley. I wish there was more information on them, maybe I need to send an email to Savenilli.

5. Capt

Capt Active Member

That is some nice birdseye!

telltime likes this.
  6. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Nice looking Sav!

7. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Very nice.

8. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Love that birdseye!

telltime likes this.
  9. telltime

telltime Active Member

I love the birdseye on that pipe. Nice shape (sitter) too!

10. JescoWhite

JescoWhite Member

very nice!

11. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Very nice pipe. My first Savinelli was an Oscar Elite (a Canadian), and I'm still smoking it to this day, 20 years later. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Does yours have the innertube, by chance?

Herb

12. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

Herb, I am not sure if it has it or not. This one is from Italy and I don't know how old it is. I won it on an ebay auction, but a lot of people were trying to get it, so I assume one of them knew what it was. I am still searching online to see if I can date the darn thing.

13. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Nailing a date down on a Sav isn't easy. According to their website, they've been making Oscars for over forty years, and the 310KS shape is still in their lineup, so it's likely that you or I could buy the same pipe new off the shelf today, and the one I have could have been sitting for a few years before bought it, for that matter. They don't stamp a date code on their pipes, either.

The only ones I have that I can reliably date are three Linea 76's that I know were made around 1976 for Savinelli's 100th aniversary (hence the name; I think they were originally sold in sets of two, one sandblasted and one smooth, both in one of six unique shapes for the series). I bought two of them as NOS about four or five years ago, and found another on eBay as an estate.

14. Xecutech

Xecutech Member

Thank you Herb, you may have saved me a few hours online. Would be nice to have a date, but not really that important.
    I doubt that if I sent it in they could tell me a date. I wouldn't go through that much trouble.

15. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Savs are great smokers and beautiful pipes, but they don't have the collector value of something like a Dunhill for that very reason. No problem, though, it just means you can find great deals on them on eBay.

Vaquero likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.