1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Savinelli Dry Oscar ( good pipe?)

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by MorePower7701, Sep 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MorePower7701

MorePower7701 Member

I won this pipe on ebay for $26 and hope that I may have gotten a decent deal. Can anyone tell be anything about these?[​IMG][/IMG]

2. snowman

snowman Member

Hi. I have 4 sevinelli dry pipes and they smoke great.I don't use the filters.I throw them away.

Alan.

3. user1975

user1975 Active Member

I think Savinelli makes a great pipe, especially for the money. I have one that uses the balsa wood filters, and it is a great smoker... only pipe I smoke with a filter.

4. Evilgemini

Evilgemini Member

Savs are terrible pipes. For a mere $12 I will take it off your hands & dispose of it properly

:p

5. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I like them just fine, in fact I have one that looks very similar to this one (I think mine is a second; it's labeled "Ruben's Choice" on one side of the shank and has "Savinelli Product" on the other side). Of all the filter systems I've tried (perhaps both would be a better word there) I like the balsa system best. I usually use the converter tubes, but it's nice to have the option when you have a tobacco that tends to burn hot or otherwise produce a lot of moisture. IMHO, the flavor of the tobacco comes through better than it does through paper filters, which I think are designed to trap tars rather than just moisture. They're well built pipes in all other respects, too.

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

What a nice billiard ! Those are real good pipes man ... you scored ! Enjoy

7. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I have a Sav Bulldog and it is one of my best pipes. I think you will enjoy it.

8. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

It's a twin bore? Cool. Should take a fair bit of abuse, then. Oh, $26 sounds fine to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.