1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savinelli Natural

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by BluesGuy, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

I'm contemplating one of these but know nothing about Natural pipes. Anyone have one and what do you think of them. Am I right in thinking the finish changes as you handle it.

2. Luckistrykes

Luckistrykes Member

i have a HIS natural, it doesn't seem to color with handling, but is getting to be darker the more i smoke it, kinda turning to a somewhat orangish redish color.

3. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I think I know the ones you're talking about, but I could be thinking of another line. Could you post a link to the ones you're looking at?

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

These are basically pipes with briar that was not considered pretty enough to take through the extra steps of finishing, so the pipes are sold cheaper. Nothing wrong with them. They will darken, as all briar does, both from heat and smoke, and collecting oils from your grubby mitts as well.

5. Marc

Marc Active Member

And most of them come with very noticeable fills and cheap stems.

6. ddandb

ddandb Member

and the lesson here is... Don't wash your hands if you want to color the pipe faster.

I have looked at some of these and as someone else stated their do appear to be a lot of fills in them.
    But it is a Savinelli and the price seems right.

Had to go back and read everything again. We are talking about the Savs, right?

7. Marc

Marc Active Member

Yes sir.

8. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

9. moshee

moshee Member

Savinelli Naturals are consistently good smoking pipes. Yes, they darken up as you smoke them. They do have a lot of fills but the fills do not affect the smoking quality. Lately, the prices of the Naturals have been going up in price.

For my money, I prefer the new age Kaywoodies. I have a Gold Series Supreme, which for a few dollars more, doesn't have near the fills (just one tiny one) that the Naturals seem to have. My Kaywoodie also has a lot of wood. Its one of my best smoking pipes, easily the match of a Savinelli.

http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/dept?dpt=H&srch=KW&search_text=kaywoodie+gold+series

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.