1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savinelli Nonpareil

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by CalPiper, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

Oh man, Christmas came early!! Got an estate Savinelli Nonpareil in the mail from Ebay a few days ago. Just fired up some MacB 7 Seas Gold in it and it smokes awesome. Its an Oom Paul type shape, and the bent stem rests just right on the lower teeth. Smokes nice and cool with no gurgle. I went into extreme detail with the wife about how well it smoked and was met with the obligatory eye roll. I know inside she is beaming with excitement!! :whis:

Kiowapipe, Gary and Spaceboy Tim like this.
  2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

'Nonpareil'........just what the name says.

HCraven likes this.
  3. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Congrats! Savs are great pipes, and an Oom Paul is one of my favorite shapes, I know you're going to love it!

4. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Those pipes are some of the best deals on eBay. Shhh, don't tell anybody though.

Oh wait... :doh:

Mark w4mms likes this.
  5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Congrats!

Mark w4mms likes this.
  6. Tanman

Tanman Member

Got to love early Christmas!:bing:

Mark w4mms likes this.
  7. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Pics or it didn't happen. heh

8. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

Oooh, you drive a hard bargain Mington. Will snap some pics of it tonight when I leave my office and let everyone share in the glory!!

Mington likes this.
  9. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

Huh? The pics are saved to my computer here at work, but cant seem to find a way to post them in the thread? Dont see a link button to attach the image? Sorry if I'm missing it. Any help?

10. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

You'll need to host them somewhere like flickr or photobucket, and link to the url. When you're typing your post just click on insert/edit image (the picture of the tree) and paste the url there.

11. CalPiper

CalPiper Member

Oh okay, I see the system now. Well then the pics might have to wait because Flickr and Photobucket are blocked by our server here. I could try and get them unblocked, but I have a feeling the "Your cramping my online pipe forum abilities" argument might not work so well for me!

12. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Non-Pareils are very nice pipes - pretty high up the Savinelli line. Always a good smoker. I owned 2 or 3 in my time. :th1:

13. user0003

I have one that ain't going nowhere!

14. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

What is the 'pecking order' for the various Savinelli lines? I think Autograph is the highest, right? And within that, they have gradations from 1 to 8 and the 0, 00 and 000; with 1 being the lowest (but still nice) grade? What comes below those, though? Non Pareil? Punto Oro? Something else?

15. user0003

I don't necessarily consider them below the Auto's. Auto's are freehands while NP's have standard shapes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.