1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Savinelli pipe never returned from Repair shop!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Scottly, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottly

Scottly Member

I sent a Savinelli Saturina 607 KS to Savs repair shop in NC. They received it on Nov 19th 2011. The turn around on a new stem was supposed to be about 6 weeks. I called them and talked to Jonathon around the end of January. He told me they send the pipes to Minnesota for stem replacement and they were taking longer then normal. I was told I should have my pipe back mid FEB. I called again today and again spoke to Jonathon. He said I should have it in a few weeks and he would send me a tin of tobacco for the added wait. He also said he was about ready to just send me a different pipe, I encouraged him to do so, but alas no such luck:(
    So almost 4 months later I'm still waiting for my pipe. I just don't know what think about this situation. I know I will not send anymore pipes to them for repair.
    Here is the kicker, the pipe I sent was brand new never smoked. The stem looked to be oxidized and tasted bitter. I figured hey I'll send it off and pay the $18 for a lucite stem and have no more problems.:eek: Boy was I wrong.

2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Sorry to hear that Scott.

3. TXPiper

TXPiper Member

I recently sent in a broken pipe for a warranty replacement and they did turn it around pretty quick. The only down side I had was Jonathan (I'm assuming it's the same one) told me that he would replace it with a different shape, since I didn't like the one I had. He said no problem, but when I got it back, there was the same old shape.

I'd call him back and just ask him to send you that free replacement he mentioned earlier.

4. Scottly

Scottly Member

I just got a call from Jonathon from Savinelli. They got my pipe back and are shipping it out to me today. :banana:I cant wait to fire it up.

Ted Vig, Jeebs, dwaugh and 1 other person like this.
  5. beammeuptothesky

beammeuptothesky Member

Good news! Hope it was worth the wait and she smokes like a dream!

~Aaron

6. Jeebs

Jeebs Active Member

You get your pipe back yet... Scottly

7. Scottly

Scottly Member

nah, they just called today so I figure it will be here Friday. I hope.

Jeebs likes this.
  8. Jeebs

Jeebs Active Member

From Nov. to March....No one has a work order backup date this long of a period of time.. They should send you a new pipe with yours... My head would have already exploited...........

9. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Yeah...this is pretty brutal. Knowing how small the community is and how word gets around online, I'm surprised these companies do stuff like this. They could score a big win by doing something extra for a screwup like this.

10. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Situations like that really annoy me. It's not the waiting. It's the uncertainty of whether they will ever deal with the problem properly.

11. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

Sheesh! That's a bit ridiculous to continuously get delayed delivery dates. I hope it comes back looking incredible.

12. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I would have insisted they throw in a free one. (Can't hurt to ask) :byg:

13. Scottly

Scottly Member

Well UPS just delivered my pipe back to me. The new stem looks great, plus they sent me a spare stem. They also threw in 2 tins of baccy--Sav English mixture and a tin of Cavendish. Both are 4 star baccys on TR.com The English blend will be traded cuz I don't like Lat.
    My pipe has been gone so long I actually forgot the exact model # it is in fact 804KS. Alls well that ends well:)

qwik, Johnny Dingo, woody and 4 others like this.
  14. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

There ya go! At least they know how to apologize. ;)

15. fallsguy

fallsguy Member

Show us a picture if you get a chance.

16. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I'd say Savinelli did you right, spare stem and all, plus a couple of tins of tobacco. ;)

Dutchking22 likes this.
  17. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Yeah.. seems they at least realize that your wait was stoopidly long and trying to make good on it.. shows a bit of moxy on their part.. Company's are made up of humans and humans screw up.. What seperates "GOOD" companies from the rest is the willingness to accept an error and offer a reasonable recompense. Good on 'em. Btw,*chants* Pics Pics Pics Pics...

TRAVIS likes this.
  18. Scottly

Scottly Member

Here is a the pipe after its return.

[​IMG]

Dutchking22 and Old Codger like this.
  19. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Yep... thats a fine lookin smoker!

20. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Is that a Lumberman or Canadian? Awesome looking pipe regardless. I love the contrast of wood on that bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.