1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savinelli Pipe Repair

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Scottly, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottly

Scottly Member

I'm sending one of my Savinelli pipes to the shop for stem replacement and thought I'd share the address of their repair shop in case any of you have an interest. The cost is $18.00 payable in check or money order form, and include a note describing what you need done to your pipe. You should probably call in advance as I'm not sure if the $18 covers all repairs or just the stem for my particular pipe.

Savinelli Pipe Repair
    1002 Morrisville Parkway
    Morrisville, NC 27560
    Phone: 919-481-0511

2. SchumiJr

SchumiJr Member

Just to update this thread.

I tlaked with "Johnathon" today and he quoted me $20 to replace the stem in mine. He said he thought it was around $20. So one month later and a $2 increase. I may just send them a check for $18 and see what happens.;)

3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Thanks for that info!

4. Scottly

Scottly Member

They received my pipe on Nov. 19th. I don't have it back yet. I'm eagerly awaiting its return. They quoted me $18 to replace the stem on a KS 115. I sent them a different pipe instead, and $18. We shall see what happens. Shorter stem on the one I sent vs. the 115, I may have overpaid, dunno.

5. SchumiJr

SchumiJr Member

I don't think it matters at all what pipe you send them. It's always gonna be "about $20."

The 1st pipe I called about was a Capri 413. The second pipe I called about was a Grand Prix and I'm not sure what style it is I can't find that anywhere. It looks lke a small billiard design. In both cases I got the same answer....you guessed it "about $20."

"Johnathon" told me something about cleaning it up aside from just replacing the stem but, I don't really know what that entails as I didn't ask and he didn't elaborate.

I was thinking about sending both pipes at the same time to be refitted. On second thought though, I may just send the Capri for now,as I assume it is probably unsmokeable (or at least I don't want to smoke it form the pictures I saw,) and enjoy my Grand Prix for a while. The Grand Prix actually smokes pretty well it just has an aftermarket stem on it and I want the Savinelli Crown. :) Call me anal or accuse me of OCD, I won't argue.

6. Scottly

Scottly Member

The one I sent them was brand new, I just didn't like the stem that came on it. :cool:

7. Scottly

Scottly Member

Just an update, Savinelli received my pipe on Nov 19th. I am still waiting to get it back.:( They did say 1 to 2 months and they were not kidding I guess.

8. zwolanek

zwolanek Member

March 26, 2013
    The Savinelli USA website is down because they are closing. I called the new distributor and was told that they will continue the stem repair service . . .
    BUT
    the new charge is $35.00 per stem. Whoa!

Here's the contact information:

YBC
    4360 Big Barn Drive
    Little River, SC 29566
    (843) 491-4150

I have five that need stems right now, but at $175.00, I'd rather buy a stem cutter and a boatload of stems and learn that part of the craft. The Chicago Pipe Show is only a month away, so you know where I'll be!

All the best!

dBear likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.