1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Savinelli shape #320

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ichabod, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ichabod

ichabod Member

I was just browsing some pipes online and came across the Savinelli shape #320. I can't stop looking at it. There's just something about that shape that I really like for some reason.

Does anyone have one? Like to share some feedback on it? I am seriously considering picking one up!

Here is a picture of one for reference:

[​IMG]

EDIT: DOH! I put 302 in the thread title and it should be 320!

theonlychrisj likes this.
  2. sorringowl

sorringowl SorringowlandSons.etsy.com

That's a really nice shape. Looks like a stubby author to me but I'm not sure what this shape is exactly. That one has some nice grain! Let us know if you get one.

Ah, just saw one of these on eBay and it looks like this shape is a...Bullnose? Maybe someone can identify this shape for sure.

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

+1 Chubby stubby author. Great smoker but not a really good clincher.

4. cellophane

cellophane Member

Savinelli makes a good pipe. I'd say just dive right in and buy one ;)

5. Beale

Beale Active Member

That is a great looking pipe!! Beale.

6. macfodder

macfodder New Member

Yeah, I have one. Have to agree with Jesla. Great smoker, but a clencher it is not. I actually smoked it this weekend and was thinking that if it just has a saddle bit bit it would probably be my favorite pipe.

7. DLWJohn

DLWJohn Member

I have a rusticated version from the Tevere line I think it is. I love it, my favorite pipe in my small collection so far. It fits perfectly in your hand, but will tire your jaw out pretty quick if you try to clinch it for any amount of time.

8. WisconsinPiper

WisconsinPiper Member

One of my favorite shapes by one of my favorite pipe companies.

9. ichabod

ichabod Member

Well, I just sent an email to the closest tobacco/pipe place asking if they could order one for me. They have some savinelli's but I had not seen this shape in their store. I would have called but am at work an unable to do so. We'll see what they say!

10. ichabod

ichabod Member

Does anyone know if the trevi line by savinelli is briar? I can't find anything out and nobody is answering me....

I just wonder because the savinelli trevi in their 320 shape costs a lot less than their other lines and I kinda think it looks a lot nicer.

11. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

It's Briar.

12. nowsharing

nowsharing Member

Just so you know, it's $52 at iwanries.com. Great looking pipe!

13. ichabod

ichabod Member

Thanks for the answers...I was just curious. I wonder why it costs so much less than their other lines. The trevi line looks really nice, especially with the silver band they add.

14. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Many pipemakers have lower-priced lines for pipes that may have minor flaws or "fills". don't worry though, these are usually merely cosmetic, and don't affect the smoking mechanics... :bing:

15. illiteratti

illiteratti Member

I have two of the Trevi line pipes, and yes they are briar, and yes, like all other Savinellis that I have, they smoke very well. They also don't have that lame black coating inside the bowl. And like all Savinelli's, fit and finish is way better than you expect for what you pay for the pipe. They are just a good value for the dollar.

That 320 is just calling my name! Is jump on it, the price is good, and I know its gonna smoke very well, hey, its a Sav!

16. r0n54

r0n54 Member

Really nice pipe for the money, love the grain..........time to pull out the plastic and seal the deal.

17. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Dondi is right. Much of the price of a pipe is dictated by it's aesthetics, and some people just don't like fills or imperfections. It's hard to go wrong with a Sav, and they're usually a good value. All of mine smoke remarkably well.

18. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

Just fyi, I saw three 320s on smokingpipes earlier today. Just sayin'......

19. ichabod

ichabod Member

I went to a nearby tobacco shop that has a couple savinellis on display, saw one in the shape and really liked it. I talked to some guy there and said I would really like to see one from another line in person first and they are going to order the trevi one for me also. So, soon I should have one. I'll post pics when I get it.

20. PopPopsPipe

PopPopsPipe Member

Lol, you might walk out of the store with both of them !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.