1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Savinelli Trevi 626 - Pre-carbonized or Bare?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Smokes, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokes

Smokes Member

I have a question for you all. I recently purchased a Savinelli Trevi 626 from BnBtobacco.com and it arrived this afternoon. The pipe is beautiful but I have one question:

Should the Savinelli Trevi 626 have a pre-carbonized bowl?

I had heard that the Duca Carlos were pre-carbonized, but all the pictures I saw of the Trevis were bare wood. Should I be concerned?

2. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Nope... I got mine as an estate, so I can't comment on the original coating, but I'd say fire 'er up and enjoy!

MikeyJ likes this.
  3. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

I believe the Trevi line comes with a natural uncoated bowl. Or at least I've never seen one, anyway.

I actually prefer my bowls uncoated, or free from any pre "carbonization"...I like to break in my pipes the old fashioned way!

4. Smokes

Smokes Member

That's what has me a little concerned with the one that arrived today. Like I say, other than the carbon it looks great, but every image I've seen online that shows the bowl, shows an uncoated bowl. Hoping someone can calm my fears or I'll have to return her.

Update:
    I e-mailed Laudisi (U.S. distributor for those uninitiated) just to be sure but after further research I saw that on smokingpipes.com that some Trevis are pre-carboned and some are not. I've researched the pros and cons and am at peace with it. Either way the thing was going to be carboned. They just sped up the process ;).

Jussto likes this.
  5. Smokes

Smokes Member

[​IMG]

MikeInMaine and Jussto like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.