1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Savinelli

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Marc, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc

Marc Active Member

Well I took a little trip to JR Cigars in Burlington, NC today and while browsing the pipe case was looking at the Savinelli pipes and came across (3) nice Sandblast Cumberland stem billiards stamped Savinelli product, Italy. These pipes are drilled spot on, well finished and I could find no detectable flaws in the craftsmanship, so I asked the lady, how much are these pipes, she said $49.99 each, I bought all three and may go back and get the rest of them this weekend. What a deal and damn fine smoking pipe too! I have missed the Savinelli pipes I sold off a couple of months ago, so I jumped all over these. If you live close to a JR's I'd recommend you checkout their pipe case for sure! I love Italian wood! :)

2. snowman

snowman Member

Congrats,Marc.Yes you got a great deal on them savinellis.I own four of them myself and their all great smokers.So enjoy your new goodies in good health.

3. Marc

Marc Active Member

Thanks snowman, good to be back in the Savinelli saddle again! :)

4. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Enjoy them in good health, Marc! Sounds like you found a very nice deal!

Bri2k

5. Marc

Marc Active Member

I tell you, JR's carries a nice selection of Savinelli and other pipes at unbeatable prices.

6. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Nice score Marc! Hope your grabbow's don't get jelouse! :)

7. Marc

Marc Active Member

I'm afraid they're going to get a little dusty. :P

8. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

What a sweet deal! How's the break-in on those Savs coming along?

9. Marc

Marc Active Member

Dondi, it’s been awhile since I've broken in an uncoated bowl but they're smoking very cool and dry like my Savinelli of old, breaking these in with McC 5100.

10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Member

Thats what I love about Savinellis,the quality that one recieves for the price is just unbeatable,and the fact that I havent had a bad one yet, makes Savinelli my #1 favorite pipe brand. :blink:

11. Marc

Marc Active Member

I have been a fan of Savinelli pipes for many years and it is good to be back with my Savinelli pipes. A couple of months ago I had sold off my entire collection of Italian wood opting for smaller, lighter pipes, dumb I know, but dental issues were the reason as I was unable to comfortably clinch those big pipes. Now I see Savinelli has started making some much smaller billiards than I had previously owned and I cannot tell you how happy I am that I found these three yesterday! :)Three are just enough for a good working rotation of pipes.

12. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Wow, what a sweet deal! Congrats! Makes me want to move down that way. :eek:

13. Marc

Marc Active Member

Thanks buddy!

14. swobbie

swobbie Member

Seems to be a great deal----I live in Wilmington, NC. We are fortunate to have a number of fine shops who really do a great job in providing quality products like Savinelli and tobacco. I own 3 myself. Would never sell them.

15. Marc

Marc Active Member

I use to own an extensive collection of Italian wood that I sold off over the past year. Now, I have built up a small rotation of three or four Savinelli pipes for daily use and I am good to go. I have always enjoyed Italian made pipes, especially Savinelli.

16. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

This gents is a seriously bad thread - my writing about Falcons may have got some of you to try them; this writing about Savinellis is beginning to have the same effect on me; I hope a Moderator will step in and put a stop to this now or next time I'm in Carlisle I'm going to be severely tempted.

Being serious for a moment, a lot of you are keen on this brand and you've all experience I respect - what do you reckon makes them so good?

Gerry

17. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Hey Gerry, I'll be your wet blanket!! I've never found them to be anything but ordinary machine made pipes. I'm sure that some of Achilles old ones, as well as some of the Autographs are super, but I never got the magic off them that other people get. My last Sav purchase was a Trevi, about a year and a half ago, and it went in a box pass after a month or so.

18. Marc

Marc Active Member

I have owned many different Italian pipes in my time; the Italian's have the sweetest tasting wood I have ever smoked be it an Ardor, Brebbia, Castello, Savinelli etc. I just think Italian wood is the best smoking pipes I've ever owned including my two Dunhill pipes and a few Les Woods Ferndowns. The reason I like Savinelli is the price point for their billiards, example, I can buy their $50 generic stamped billiards all day long or their higher end billiards for over $200, my point is they are both made from the same wood, same shape, just finished differently. My cheap pipe is cheaply rusticated with a comfortable but cheap Cumberland stem. The higher priced pipe is finished beautifully, has adornments and a beautifully crafted stem but it will not smoke any better than the cheaper one I bought. I buy a pipe to smoke not look at, that's just me.

19. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

and that's why we're in the "pipe smokers forum"! the "pipe lookers forum" is on the other side of town :D

20. Marc

Marc Active Member

:wacko:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.