1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Saying goodbye to one of my kids

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Njemt527, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

I refurbed a kaywoodie rufftone in black and emerald green a few days ago. I threw it in my work bag as an extra. Well we had a guy who smokes a pipe once in a while transfer to our shift. We got to chatting about his newborn daughter then to pipes. His only one got the tenon broken when they moved into his new house and he didnt want to blow money on a new one. I told him I had a clean one in my bag if he wanted to smoke and pulled it out. With his love for green and anything irish (including his self), he offered to buy it at any price. So I sold it at what I paid for it, 10 dollars,and gave gim a bag of Carter Hall to go with it (he had been wanting to try it). He was shocked. We sat and smoked to his newborn and to the health and future of his family. I never thought Id part with a pipe, but Im sure glad I did. And he is too. This new partner might just work out after all........

2. raistlinsk

raistlinsk Member

Thats awesome man! I had a son earlier this year so I know how hard it is first hand to try to enjoy this amazing hobby. Having someone as generous as you makes it alot easier I'm sure :cheers:

3. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

I was more shocked that my refub quality was good enuff to make some one want to purchase it!

4. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I buy estate pipes all the time and refurb them. It is very hard to sell one after you put the time and effort into it. You might have made a brother piper out of him though so good deal!

5. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Great job to a brother in need! :cheers:

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Well done You -

I said that pipe had a sophisticated look to it - I just didn't know you were thinking of selling your project pipes. Once I get my seventh Sas, you could have a customer!

Best meantime

Gerry

7. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

So....have you pointed him to PSF?

8. Jonny

Jonny Member

That pipe did look quite cool. I'm glad we all got to spend a little time with it before it was adopted! I think that its going to be loved thoroughly in its new home. His new born baby girl, is probably going to have all kinds of fond memories growing up of her father smoking his "green pipe". ;) And the best thing about all of this is it couldn't have happened with out you! Its funny how things work out the way they do sometimes.

9. Joew

Joew Member

If you sell pipes like that sweet green one you just redid for $10 I will be you best customer :) But seriously that was great of you to do.

10. Pipe Smoker

Pipe Smoker Member

Sorry to hear you lost your "kid", but glad to know he went to a good home! :D

11. acaciavet

acaciavet Member

You sir are a Gentelman.Well done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.