1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Saying hello

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by FrankB, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrankB

FrankB Member

Howdy all,First time poster on this fine forum.Extremely new to the pipe,smoked cigars for the better part of the last decade,but honestly I was losing my palate,they were all beginning to taste like c**p and were were getting too expensive.So I thought I would give pipes a try.So taking the advice of many old timers I started with 2 MM Diplomats and some aromatics and a pouch of good ole Prince Albert and a 50 gm tin of Old Dublin.Quickly discovered the aromatics,outside of smelling terrific did not have a lot flavor,but the Virginias,Perique and Latakias and the Burleys suited my tastes to a T.Anyway now own 5 cobs and 1 briar, a Savinelli,but I pretty much smoke the cobs exclusively.They smoke great,cool and dry.I have yet made one gurgle.Intend to expand my cobs,really want a red natural freehand and one of Hackerts custom jobs,as well as some of Walkers forever stems.I suppose for a purely aesthetic reason I will acquire some more briars but I love them cobs.FrankB

2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

:thumbsu: Frank!

Cobs are great smokers and there are many Hackert lovers here as well as Forever Stem enthusiasts (I include myself in this category)

Rugs

3. noflex

noflex Member

Welcome Frank, enjoy your stay and post often.

4. snowman

snowman Member

Welcome aboard,Frank. Enjoy your stay.

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi and Welcome aboard Frank!

Nice to have yet another cob fan with us,

Happy smoking

Gerry

6. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

Welcome.

I'm a big fan of Forever Stems and I'm going to eventually marry one to an MM Ozark Mountain bowl when I get around to it. I figure MM wood can't be any worse than MM cob...meaning it can't be bad at all. No complaints about the briars I have, but an MM 'briar' seems to good too pass up for the price.

Cheers.

7. Thesneetch

Thesneetch Member

Welcome Frank. New here myself. I just started smoking a pipe recently, and I've never tried a cob. I'll have to find a good one, and give it a shot some time.

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Cobs Rawk! :0laugh:

About all I've been smoking. Just look at my briars on the bench.............no brainer (IMO) I end up grabbing a cob.

Welcome Frank I'm new here too (only a couple o'months) and a cobaholic like yourself. The Ozarks are awesome! Even the "dinky" one, which I just finished a bowl (well, the bowl on the "dinky" Ozark) of Reiner LGF.........wonderful smoke and neat little pipe.

9. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Welcome Frank, jump right in with the rest of us cob heads! :thumbsu:

10. FrankB

FrankB Member

Appreciate the replies.Just received an order from Mars of some PS Balkan Supreme and some C and D Epiphany along with the Danish spool and egg cobs.Really like those two,especially the egg,but the bowls are mighty small.Have already smoked a couple of bowls in both.I believe the egg smokes and stays cooler in your hand than the spool.FrankB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.