1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Seeking Advice And Opinions

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Wydeboi, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wydeboi

Wydeboi Member

I would like to get advice/opinions on my recent TAD purchase. Here's what I ordered today.

1 oz Sample C&D Haunted Bookshop
    1 oz Sample McClelland #2035 Dark Navy Flake
    1 MacBaren Virginia Flake 1.75 ounce Tin
    1 oz Sample Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake

Any experience with these tobaccos?
    Thanks in advance.

Jack

2. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Member

Yup...good stuff there...enjoy...

3. SBritton

SBritton Member

Can't go wrong with Virginia Flake.

4. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

the only one out of them that I've tried is the Virginia Flake - I'd second S.Britton in saying you really can't go wrong with it!

Enjoy!

Gerry

5. CBR

CBR Member

I've had experience with Luxury Navy Flake, in my opinion it's a smooth smoking Va with a bit of Per for dimension. I can't detect any kind of topping with this blend (which for me is nice) and I reach for a bowl of LNF when I feel like a VaPer but want something less spicy than Fillmore.

6. Philthy

Philthy Member

They all suck. As a helping hand however, if you send them to me I will send you a couple of pouches of Captain Black. :D

Seriously, though, shouldnt you ask that question before you pull the trigger?

7. The German Shepherd

The German Shepherd Member

Haunted Bookshop is a personal favorite of mine. :D

Jay

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

The PS LNF is a winner in my book..........any of the PS Luxury "whatevers" are real good IMO and my stash is properly canned awaiting to be called upon to satisfy. The PS LNF is a good "all-arounder" (as far as Va-Pers go, IMO), easy to load, behaves well (lights easily, stays lit, burns all the way down, light grey ash, what's more to NOT like???). :D

Don't have much exp. with the other three but I do believe you did good. Hey, if for some reason you don't like something, let it sit! You may be surprised when you come around again.

9. Wydeboi

Wydeboi Member

Well, when you're under a bout of TAD there is no time for questions! :iiam:

Seriously though, I love to experiment so I'll usually pull the trigger and ask questions later.

10. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I've had the M.B. and the P.S. and I'm sure you'll enjoy both . The other two I haven't tried and probably wouldnt if it werent for the internet . I'm not a fan of blends given names of things that dont make sence regarding tobacco even though they might be the greatest thing in the world .I mean walking into a tobacco shop and asking for haunted bookstore back in my day , and where I'm from I guess , would be a laughable matter .Now if they were called Patton or black jack that would have been o.k. .... lol.... but given the internet I might think about it if they were rating high by everyone. C&D makes good stuff though some are to dry for me ... but I'm sure they're all good .After all .... there's more good blends out there than **** blends

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.