1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Seven New (to me) Pipes in One Day.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Mister Moo, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Gerry never ceases to amaze! I'll try the second
    one from the right, please. :whistle: :whistle:

dp

2. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

Those are nice looking pipes man!

I first saw a Falcon at a local antique shop and thought it looked silly. I thought, "there's no way I can take that seriously"! Now, after being a member of this forum and reading Gerry's wonderful stories and seeing the variety of bowls and even the interesting twisty Falcon stems, I have to admit my story has changed. Now I'm starting to get the desire to grab up a Falcon or two. Or three. Or... well, you know how it is.

3. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

I've bid on a number of Falcons on E-Bay....though I've yet to win one But I'll get one eventually.

4. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

These Falcons were a gift and I cannot sell them. I will, however, develop a pass where anyone with some positive trade history or a vouching member can try a Falcon for a week and see for themselves how they smoke. Lemmee get to that after a while.

And thanks again, Gerry/Falconeer. You are the essense of the generous, well-informed, good spirited contributor that makes participation in any forum worthwhile. Huzzah!
    [​IMG]

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Thanks Mooo but honestly thanks not needed - we talked about this on another thread on box passes - it really is no big deal to pass on pipes when you need to "thin the herd" or want to buy some new better ones - I honestly need to make room for my coming- on-rapidly Sas collection.

I get guilty if I have things that I don't use. I've worked out exactly where my collection will stop now - set of Falcons (8) in Northumberland and Scotland ( 16 in total ) set of 7 natural cobs as soon as they become available (replacing amy plastered and lacquered cobs), set of 7 African Meers, set of 7 Petersons and set of 7 Sas' Specials. After that if something comes in something has to go out!

THEN I CAN CONCENTRATE ON ACQUIRING 10 YEARS WORTH OF TOBACCO!

Best to all,

Gerry

6. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Contact the seller....ask *HIM/HER* WTF. Then if it's not a mix-up, have a PSF auction! I'm sure someone here would take one or two off your hands........

7. erickghint

erickghint Member

I've been around this forum for around a year, and the generosity of the members is legendary. No one takes advantage, and it's just a great place to be. Gerry, you are amazing, sir.

8. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

Is there a better feeling than finally getting that pipe in the mail you've been waiting for? Sure there is, getting another box with six more pipes that you were not expecting. Congrats

I love the generosity in this community.

9. woody

woody Admin Admin

Wow, those are some great looking falcons! :whistle:

10. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

moo is running for mother teresa and gerry is running for gandhi.

moo, gorgeous pipes, you're a bigger man than me i could never break that set up.

gerry, the same at you, how did you manage to give it away? best looking set of falcons i've ever seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.