1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

SG

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by soundlzrd, Jul 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Appear to have come in....

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Rats, and here I only had enough money on my card for one tin, what with shipping and all. Wanted to try the 1792, as well - but I'll make do with a little Squadron Leader. Never had either, I assume I'm in for a treat. Thanks for the heads up!

3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

mmmm!....one of these days it will disappear from the shelves of my local B&M - if they insist on sending it to the colonies! :(
    OT ;)

4. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Stock up now OT!

5. ichabod

ichabod Member

Grrr, where at?

I've searched but all I can find in stock is squadron leader. My wife OK'ed it for me to get a couple tins (YAY!), I'm looking for full virginia flake.

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

No FVF that I've seen, and things have been selling out pretty quickly.

7. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

pipesandcigars.com
    If they're already out of FVF, I'd highly recommend the Navy Flake. Just got a couple of tins of that myself.

Herb

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Out of Navy Flake Herb, you might have bought the last!

9. ichabod

ichabod Member

dangit!!! ok, I'm thinking about getting some squadron leader to hold to for a trade for FVF in the future

10. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I hope mine actually ships!

11. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Or you could just smoke it. I like FVF OK, but I'd take SL over it any day. I checked BBF too, but that was already gone.

12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

How's the Balkan Flake? It was still in stock last I checked. I'm thinking about trying to convince my folks to order some and I'll pay them back...

13. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Nesta, balkin is available locally, you could be trying some tomorrow.

14. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

I haven't tried Balkan Flake, but I read the description and saw that it was 70/30 VA/Lat, so I passed. I have some Commonwealth, a straight 50/50 mix, and it doesn't blow my skirt up, either. I love the orientals in SL, and I think Skiff is good, too, though it's got a bit more Latakia.

15. Prof

Prof Member

Done and done.

HCraven likes this.
  16. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Rats, I'd love some SL, but I'm sure it'll all be gone by the time I get paid again next week.:(

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I think I've seen it at Pipes and Pleasures actually....

18. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Correct. And cheaper cause it is bulk.

19. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Now that the feeding frenzy is over, I have to say that I'm glad I got some Navy Flake, and I intend on keeping my stash of SL replenished when the opportunity presents, but I don't know that I'll go out of my way to buy a lot of other SG blends in the future. This scarcity is just getting to be such a hassle. I tried a bunch of different blends of theirs in the past, and they were uniformly good, some more to my taste than others, but frankly I can live without most of them. There are too many other things in the world to try that are readily available; even the Gawith Hoggarth stuff is easier to get. I don't see pining for something when I could be smoking something else without having to ration it. As I said, the Navy Flake is delicious, but I only managed to get it because a) a thoughtful friend gave me a timely heads up, and b) I happened to have the money to do so at that very moment. That's a lot of luck and a lot of pressure to strike while the iron is hot, and to me, that's not what pipe smoking is about.

20. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Don't worry guys, I've not taken a single tin of SG (lately), so it's all yours! My local B&M's have the ripple or time-lag from leaf landing ashore to when it shows up on shelf. So, if I see it (whenever that happens), I'll score some but on this latest frenzy, I've not played ball at all. :(

Ed
    Puff

Congratz to those who scored!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.