1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Sherlock Holmes movie pipe

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Svart, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svart

Svart Member

Hey people,
    What are the odds?
    I just watched again the first Sherlock Holmes movie (again), and I started surfing the internet for the pipe that was used by Robert Downey Jr. and I came across this article in New York Times.

The pipe shown on the photo there shows an amazing resemblance to the one Irwin's pipe that I picked up a few days ago from a flea market.

There is a little difference because of the angle that the photo was taken from, but the rustication, shape of the bowl, length of the shank and shape of the stem, and the color are identical :beyes:

What do you guys think?

Here's the link to the article:
    http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/24/puff-piece-sherlock-holmes-piping-hot/

And here's my pipe
    [​IMG]

Professor and SteveH like this.
  2. MeerSteve

MeerSteve Member

Looks like the exact same type of pipe, but I think its not the one in the other picture. The pictured pipe you linked seems to be tilted away from the camera a bit, but the shape doesn't seem 100% match. More like 99%. Either way, you got a proper matching pipe, so congrats. :)

Svart likes this.
  3. Svart

Svart Member

Reading more I came to find out that the pipe that they used was a Dunhill pipe, but the only difference between that Dunhill and this pipe was that the Dunhill had a white spot on the stem.

4. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Thats a nice looking pipe...

Svart likes this.
  5. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

Interesting article, I like that pipe

Svart likes this.
  6. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

One week after reading that article, I bought my first pipe :rolleyes:

SteveH and Svart like this.