1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Shortcut to mushrooms!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by lostopossum, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostopossum

lostopossum Member

So I can say that I am now addicted! If you haven't tried just for him's short cut to mushrooms I urge you English lovers out there to give it a shot. It's thick, smokey, sweet, and nothing short of amazing IMHO. What I'm wondering is of there are any of you out there who can recommend something close to this. I have always preferred English blends and I think I have smoked my body weight in FMATP. Thanks in advance!

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I think Sillem's Black is supposed to be close. C&D's Murphy's Mistake is too, but I think it was a well, mistake, and not around at present.

3. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Hello lostopossum,
    I have started to horde Short cut to Mushrooms. I smoke a bowl every day now. I love it. My only complaint is I have to designate a couple of pipes to it due to the ghosting. A minor complaint considering the enjoyment I'm getting out of it. When smoked really slow I get a wiff of real mushroom aroma from it. Very strange but along with the sweetness that comes across, it is almost addictive! :byg:

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

4. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I just got some recently and enjoy it a lot too. Good stuff!

5. user1975

user1975 Active Member

I've heard a lot of good comments about this blend, I guess I need to give it a try.

6. HiloJohnny

HiloJohnny Guest

Glad to hear you like SCTM....it is one of all time favorites. JFH has another tobacco that is a cousin to SCTM...it is called Whiskey, biscuit, gravy...I like it a lot and think you may want to give it a try....:th1:

7. Mack Daddy

Mack Daddy Member

Yes - definitely check out Sillem's Black! If you like SCTM, you're gonna love Black. Same spicy front end followed by smooth - almost sweet - finish. Great blend...

8. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I love STM so much, I had a Sasquatch pipe commissioned just to dedicate to it.
    [​IMG]

I also had some olive wood canisters made in S Africa for STM, Treebeard and Old Toby:
    [​IMG]

I've got about a pound of each in storage and plan to have about 3 of each by the end of 2012.

Max Gunner and albot9 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.