Shortcut to mushrooms!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by lostopossum, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lostopossum

lostopossum Member

So I can say that I am now addicted! If you haven't tried just for him's short cut to mushrooms I urge you English lovers out there to give it a shot. It's thick, smokey, sweet, and nothing short of amazing IMHO. What I'm wondering is of there are any of you out there who can recommend something close to this. I have always preferred English blends and I think I have smoked my body weight in FMATP. Thanks in advance!

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I think Sillem's Black is supposed to be close. C&D's Murphy's Mistake is too, but I think it was a well, mistake, and not around at present.

3. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Hello lostopossum,
    I have started to horde Short cut to Mushrooms. I smoke a bowl every day now. I love it. My only complaint is I have to designate a couple of pipes to it due to the ghosting. A minor complaint considering the enjoyment I'm getting out of it. When smoked really slow I get a wiff of real mushroom aroma from it. Very strange but along with the sweetness that comes across, it is almost addictive! :byg:

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

4. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I just got some recently and enjoy it a lot too. Good stuff!

5. user1975

user1975 Active Member

I've heard a lot of good comments about this blend, I guess I need to give it a try.

6. HiloJohnny

HiloJohnny Guest

Glad to hear you like SCTM....it is one of all time favorites. JFH has another tobacco that is a cousin to SCTM...it is called Whiskey, biscuit, gravy...I like it a lot and think you may want to give it a try....:th1:

7. Mack Daddy

Mack Daddy Member

Yes - definitely check out Sillem's Black! If you like SCTM, you're gonna love Black. Same spicy front end followed by smooth - almost sweet - finish. Great blend...

8. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I love STM so much, I had a Sasquatch pipe commissioned just to dedicate to it.
    [​IMG]

I also had some olive wood canisters made in S Africa for STM, Treebeard and Old Toby:
    [​IMG]

I've got about a pound of each in storage and plan to have about 3 of each by the end of 2012.

Max Gunner and albot9 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.