1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Shout out to wicker man for an awesome clay pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ruffinogoldson, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogoldson

ruffinogoldson Member

Had the house to myself for a few days now and I currently am using that to my full advantage by smoking my favorite tobacco out of my new favorite pipe while watching Sherlock Holmes. Wicker man sent me an awesome old clay pipe and I can't stop smoking it. Anyway that's all just wanted to say thanks.

2. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Cheers Nick :toast:
    Thought I'd smoke one of my back to life Clays'
    [​IMG]
    at least once a day in April, keep a log with photo's and post here :bing:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day 1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    250 Bowls Day 30
    [​IMG]
    Finish :-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    things I've learnt :-
    Fitting a mouth piece makes all the difference, you don't know your clenching it
    [​IMG]
    Fitting a pipe rest stops ash spill :-
    [​IMG]
    having a carry tube stops you breaking it if you drop it or sit on it in your pocket
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A regular de-coke lets you fit more Tobacco in
    [​IMG]

dBear, Basil Meadows, Mington and 4 others like this.
  3. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Awesome post Wicker! I have yet to try a clay. I hate this forum. Every time I see pics of a pipe, I have to acquire one like it. Being a Civil War (War of Northern Aggression) buff I have always wanted a clay anyways. I only dug small remnants of them when relic hunting and nothing close to a complete bowl. Would you be interested in trading for one? I like to trade. :csmile:

Basil Meadows likes this.
  4. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Very nice, you don't want my old manky nose warm to spruce up for yourself do you?

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Nick cracked me up the other day . He had the place to himself so he opens the windows and smokes four bowls while watching Sherlock Holmes ........ that's a my boy ! I know youre really digging that pipe , Nick ! Wickerman is a cool cat for hooking you up with one :th1:I cant wait for you to visit , Nick ... we're gonna smoke our asses off

6. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

p.m. received - p.m. sent
    Hi Tsalagi44 seeing as you’re a Civil War Buff I was looking on Googly to see if I could resurrect a period one for you and came across this link
    http://www.ramshornstudio.com/pipe_.htm
    which is well worth a read for any one into Clay pipes
    including Rekamepip :nwor: who sent me a Clay head :-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    as a freebie in with a Stone pipe see 15th. photo down in the link.

I’ve done x2 the larger one as an in character period field repair without the epoxy putty and brass tube but a length of thin Bamboo inside a larger piece, this will shove in and out (of the larger piece) if it gets burnt away in the bowl,
    and I’ve included a small block of Bees wax if you want to make a better seal ?
    and just think the small pipe is going to be smoked again after nearly 400 years of being thrown away and buried as trash !
    [​IMG]
    I’ll include the spare Bamboo stems, just in case you dig up some heads on your next Relic Hunt (Sod’s Law)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Over to you :toast:

psquared, Old Codger, dBear and 2 others like this.
  7. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Awesome. Sod's Law? I will have to look that up. You are the man. PM with some ideas of what you want for trade bro. Thanks!

dBear likes this.
  8. bosun

bosun Active Member

Quote"Had the house to myself for a few days now and I currently am using that to my full advantage by smoking my favorite tobacco out of my new favorite pipe while watching Sherlock Holmes. Wicker man sent me an awesome old clay pipe and I can't stop smoking it. Anyway that's all just wanted to say thanks. "
    Sounds like an excellent chance for some good old fashioned contentment!!

Wicker Man = Resurrection Man?
    Unearthing those old clays...knowing it has been a very long time since their last use...thinking of social status, employment, etc. of the original owner..

9. ruffinogold

There's a road near by called Loving Road . You go down that a ways and make a left turn at another road [ cant recall the name ] and there was a small town called Loving Georgia there during civil war times . It's private property now and there's no buildings or anything like that ... but man ! what I'd do for a metal detector and a shovel in those woods . I just know there's an old clay waiting for me and some other stuff

BernardLerring and Tsalagi44 like this.
  10. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

:cfsd: well I can tell you what I like :ngty: and that's Blacksmith forged stuff
    I got this in a trade for one of my Moughton Whetstones
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and if you could come up with a similar design Spoon I'd add another pipe
    [​IMG]
    this is another trade I had a Beech spoon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Isn't Trading Fun :ohyh:

ruffinogold likes this.
  11. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]
    Is this your Gaff Rufinogold
    [​IMG]

12. ruffinogold

Ya got me pegged ! I have more property on the left side of the picture and I found some strange stone " arrangements " in what seems like a dried up very small pond [ 15 foot deep 20x20 ] . This picture must have been taken right after I replace my drain field last fall . Right behind the house is what looks like a sand patch ... that's where I excavated for the drain field . Your picture is better than what I have . In mine , you cant see the cattle barn at all and there's no definition of the house or barn . Dude , look at the size of my barn :ohyh:.. I'm still not done clearing it out . I spend to much time here .... it's PSFs fault

Interestingly enough , yesterday I actually met a man whose family owned all the property that Loving Georgia was in [ from the late 1700's ] and beyond . His family sold it off in the 70's but he knows some of the people that own the property now .... so there is a possible in for me . The guy works at a tool rental place that I have been going to for years and I happened to notice they had a couple metal detectors .. one for rent and one for sale , which is what brought up the conversation . With any luck , I should get " in there " soon . I cant wait !!!

Wicker Man and surlysoul like this.
  13. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Did you hear the Google plane coming ?
    [​IMG]

Tsalagi44 likes this.
  14. ruffinogold

LOL ~! I should paint that on my chimney top !

If I saw a Google plane .. I'd shoot it ;)

Wicker Man likes this.
  15. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Sod's Law=Murph's Law. Kinda figured it was like that. :)

Wicker Man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.