1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Sillem's Black

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by KeysandPlastic, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeysandPlastic

KeysandPlastic Member

In a paragraph, what can you say about this tobacco? I want to try this blend, reviewing a few reviews from www.tobaccoreviews.com and see a few people say, "A taste of soap" ... Hesitant in buying it.

2. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I get zero soap taste and have no idea what they are talking about. That said, everyone has different tastes & some may taste something others do not.

The first time I smoked Sillem's Black, it was too strange for me. Not bad, just too unusual and I didn't know what to think of it. I smoked it again a few months later and was shocked that I loved it so much. It is rich, smooth, silky. It has a touch of earthiness and is a bit sweet. It's hard to describe, but would suggest giving it a shot. It has a nice room note as well (according to my wife).

3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

No soap taste to me.

4. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

When I read a review of a blend where only 1 or 2% of the reviewers claims it tastes soapy or tastes like grape jelly or whatever, I toss those reviews out as being extraneous. You can't get a proper idea of what a blend will be like based on only 1 or 2 reviews and you need to be skeptical of the reviews that are extreme in their rating - either good or bad. Look for a recurring opinion. For example, if MOST of the reviewers claim the blend leaves a bad chemical after taste and leaves a sticky black glycol goop in the bottom of pipes you can believe it.

5. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I concur!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.