1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic Blend

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Otoolefan, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

I'm planning on trying some Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic blend. Based on some reviews, it sounds like something I might like a lot. I think my favorite description was something like, "It smells like Christmas Cookies & booze." With the holidays approaching, it sounds perfect.

I bought a pouch of the regular Sir Walter recently and was disappointed. The flavor wasn't bad, but I didn't like the cut of the tobacco at all--was like Grapenuts or something--a pain to pack & hard to keep lit. It also seemed a little dry.

Just wondering if anyone here has smoked it and eager to hear your thoughts on it if you have... I mainly smoke OTC burley's or a mild aromatic like Kentucky Club Continental Blend...

Don

2. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

I have smoked a pouch or two of SWRA and enjoyed it. Tastes good, has a good room note, and is an easy smoke.

3. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Cool! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the feedback.

Don

4. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

After a lifelong avoidance of aromatics!, I have to admit to finding that one pretty good!. Middleton 'Cherry' is another that I quite like! - mainly because I don't taste much cherry in it!
    OT

5. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

I am actually planning on buying a tub of it one of these days, as it is a tobacco that I wouldn't mind having around and smoking fairly regularly.

6. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

That's the other thing that attracted me to it, it seems to be an aromatic that people who don't like aromatics in general enjoy.

Old Ted likes this.
  7. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

SWRA is a different cut than the regular SWR...

8. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

SWRA has slight chocolate liqueur flavor and it tastes ok but it does have a slight bite so smoke it slowly and use a pipe cleaner halfway through the smoke.

9. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I agree with Arkie about SWRA. It can also tickle the back of your throat if you smoke it too hot. But it has a really nice flavor and is one of my favorite aros. Take a little time puffing it, and you'll enjoy it very much.

11. Otoolefan

Otoolefan Member

Thanks, will do. I smoke everything slow, and haven't had any tongue bite this time around with my pipe smoking.

JimInks likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.