Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Fjellkniven, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fjellkniven

Fjellkniven Member

Hello everyone. This is my first post, but I've been around for quite a while - just lurking. ;)

Has anyone ever tried Sir Walter Raleigh, armoatic to be more exact? I kind of a noob, but have smoking pipe tobacco for about 1 year now. However, I have never had any of these "veteran" brands. I have mainly stuck to Solani aged flake, various Mac Barens, and a few others.

So, opinions on this Armoatic? I love aromatics, and have heard wonderful things about this, but wanted more "depth" if you smell what I am stepping in.
    :p

- Anders

2. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

Ruffinogold directed me to this OTC tobacco last year and it is a great tobacco! My 2 favorite OTC's are SWRA and Carter Hall.
    Go for a pouch of SWRA, you wont be disappointed.

And welcome to a fellow Golden Retriever fan! Goldens ROCK!

5H4N3 and Fjellkniven like this.
  3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I've smoked SWRA off and on for about 16 years now, though it's more of a change of pace for me rather than a regular smoke. Even still, it tastes good, and burns well, but don't smoke it too fast or you risk tongue bite. Which reminds me: I have three 6 year old tubs stored. One of these days, I'm going to open one up.

4. Fjellkniven

Fjellkniven Member

Thank you both! I am looking forward to getting some even more now! :) I really hope I like it, as it isn't overly expensive, and would be a perfect price for an everyday smoke.

5. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Well-Known Member

I just started smoking it and I like it alot. Simple smooth and tasty. A great OTC and cobs love it.

Fjellkniven likes this.
  6. Fjellkniven

Fjellkniven Member

GOOD NEWS! lol... I lost my Peterson at a family reunion last weekend... but I have my suspicions. ;)

I have a bum load of Cobs who I am hoping will accept it lol. Best part about it, is that this stuff is available at my local smoke shaq. I have my fingers crossed with this stuff!

7. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

It's good stuff.
    Second that. :th1:

8. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Highly recommended. I happen to dislike the taste of it but I respect the blend. The taste lasts throughout the bowl unlike a lot of aromatics and it burns dry unlike a lot of aromatics. It's a high quality product, one of the best representations of the aromatic genre I've ever smoked. Wish I liked the flavor, but it's just that it doesn't agree with me rather than the flavor being "bad".

9. BigG

BigG Member

After reading many good reviews of SWRA, I gave it a try. The reviews were right - it's really good.

10. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

It's flavored with chocolate liqueur and it does have a delicate chocolate taste. It has a slight bite if you aren't slow and careful. but it's my fav domestic OTC aro.

bubbagump and Fjellkniven like this.
  11. Fjellkniven

Fjellkniven Member

I should have mine tomorrow... Cant wait! :)

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

It's the biggest no brainer , tasty , non black Cavendish aromatic with Nicotine ! Ya have to try it ... it's just one of those blends :th1:

Fjellkniven likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.