1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Fjellkniven, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fjellkniven

Fjellkniven Member

Hello everyone. This is my first post, but I've been around for quite a while - just lurking. ;)

Has anyone ever tried Sir Walter Raleigh, armoatic to be more exact? I kind of a noob, but have smoking pipe tobacco for about 1 year now. However, I have never had any of these "veteran" brands. I have mainly stuck to Solani aged flake, various Mac Barens, and a few others.

So, opinions on this Armoatic? I love aromatics, and have heard wonderful things about this, but wanted more "depth" if you smell what I am stepping in.
    :p

- Anders

2. MakDragon

MakDragon Illegitimi non carborundum

Ruffinogold directed me to this OTC tobacco last year and it is a great tobacco! My 2 favorite OTC's are SWRA and Carter Hall.
    Go for a pouch of SWRA, you wont be disappointed.

And welcome to a fellow Golden Retriever fan! Goldens ROCK!

5H4N3 and Fjellkniven like this.
  3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I've smoked SWRA off and on for about 16 years now, though it's more of a change of pace for me rather than a regular smoke. Even still, it tastes good, and burns well, but don't smoke it too fast or you risk tongue bite. Which reminds me: I have three 6 year old tubs stored. One of these days, I'm going to open one up.

4. Fjellkniven

Fjellkniven Member

Thank you both! I am looking forward to getting some even more now! :) I really hope I like it, as it isn't overly expensive, and would be a perfect price for an everyday smoke.

5. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Well-Known Member

I just started smoking it and I like it alot. Simple smooth and tasty. A great OTC and cobs love it.

Fjellkniven likes this.
  6. Fjellkniven

Fjellkniven Member

GOOD NEWS! lol... I lost my Peterson at a family reunion last weekend... but I have my suspicions. ;)

I have a bum load of Cobs who I am hoping will accept it lol. Best part about it, is that this stuff is available at my local smoke shaq. I have my fingers crossed with this stuff!

7. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

It's good stuff.
    Second that. :th1:

8. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Highly recommended. I happen to dislike the taste of it but I respect the blend. The taste lasts throughout the bowl unlike a lot of aromatics and it burns dry unlike a lot of aromatics. It's a high quality product, one of the best representations of the aromatic genre I've ever smoked. Wish I liked the flavor, but it's just that it doesn't agree with me rather than the flavor being "bad".

9. BigG

BigG Member

After reading many good reviews of SWRA, I gave it a try. The reviews were right - it's really good.

10. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

It's flavored with chocolate liqueur and it does have a delicate chocolate taste. It has a slight bite if you aren't slow and careful. but it's my fav domestic OTC aro.

bubbagump and Fjellkniven like this.
  11. Fjellkniven

Fjellkniven Member

I should have mine tomorrow... Cant wait! :)

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

It's the biggest no brainer , tasty , non black Cavendish aromatic with Nicotine ! Ya have to try it ... it's just one of those blends :th1:

Fjellkniven likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.