1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Skandinavik "Regular"

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Pecci, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

A pouch was given to me by a local tobacconist.

It was easy to light and stayed lit, unless I let it sit, due to heat. This was my 2nd go at it, and I liked it. A slightly sweet and nutty flavor was noticed, throughout the bowl. No bite, and it seemed rather mild. The only drawback ... it burned hot, in fact hotter than any pipe tobacco, I've had.

Anyone else try this? :)

2. Aureliano

Aureliano Member

I've never had it from the pouch, but from the tin it's one of my go-to's. I've also found that the flavor holds up well through the course of the bowl.

In some of my pipes, it almost tastes like PA, but it opens without such a bang of snickers flavor and finishes more gratifyingly, with full flavor and even burn. As far as the burning goes in general, it's highly cooperative for me.

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but this blend seems to prefer my medium grade pipes to my drugstore pipes.

It just occurred to me that I've never run any through a cob. Tomorrow, that'll be my morning bowl.

For what it's worth, I'd give this an endorsement as a good, solid, unsurprising tobak.

3. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I like it and smoke it now and then. It's a good straight forward cavendish that tastes great. If it smoked hot, it was too dry. It should smoke nice and cool.

4. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Thanks, guys.

I used a cob both times. I'll check for dryness next time, though I didn't notice any.

5. 50rayj

50rayj Active Member

I picked up a pouch of Skandinavik Regular in a discount Cigarette store today. I had gone in looking for some pipe cleaners and noticed that they had it. Can't remember if I had ever had it before. It has really good flavor and I think it would mix well with some milder, blander tobaccos to kinda wake em up. I mixed a little with Buccaneer and it was surprisingly good.

6. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I had a pouch but, gave it away. Now I am wondering if I should have smoked it.
    Back on the TAD list it goes.. :)

7. 50rayj

50rayj Active Member

I'm smoking it right now mixed with a little Buccaneer and it is tasting pretty good. Of course everything I smoke first thing in the morning tastes good.

8. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

I smoked some of the full aroma version and it was a great smoke.

9. 50rayj

50rayj Active Member

I'll have to try that version too when I find it.

10. 50rayj

50rayj Active Member

Actually I do like it fine by itself. I guess what I'm really saying is that I
    was needing a way to use up the 7 oz bag of Buccaneer that I have. It seems kinda bland to me by itself. The Skandinavik helped to liven it up some.

11. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

I smoked a tin of Skandinavik Aromatic. It was ok but a bit too bland for my taste. It seemed similar in taste to Orlik Golden Slices which seemed bland to me as well. It did burn slightly hot but not bad enough to be a concern.

12. buistd

buistd Active Member

Aureliano - is that Lightnin Hopkins?

13. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I smoked it many years ago, but back then the version I smoked had a white wrapper and a picture of a masted sailing ship on it. As I recall, it was very good. It seems to be one of the many "drug store" tobaccos that have disappeared from the shelves. Shame.

14. 50rayj

50rayj Active Member

The one I got comes in a brown wrapper with a sailboat in a circle and called Original Skandinavik Regular Cavendish. It's dry and stays lit well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.