1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Skiff Mixture Mild?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Trendsetter, Jan 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Member

I saw an old looking tin of SG Skiff Mixture Mild hidden away in the back of a local tobacco shop. My friend smokes Skiff Mixture and loves it, and I know its semi-hard to come by, so I grabbed it. I did not realize at the time that it is not the same thing as Skiff Mixture (actually I'm still not sure if it is or isn't). There is no review on this mixture on tobaccoreviews.com and I can't find it in the list of tobaccos on the official SG website. I am wondering if there is a difference between this and Skiff Mixture. I compared the tin to my buddy's tin of Skiff and the picture and tin color are the same. The only difference is thats the word "mild" are printed in tiny letters in parentheses right under the title on my tin. I am completely out of clues or ideas. If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know. Thanks!

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

are there any barcodes on the label? If not, Congratz on snaggin' an old(er) tin. I've never heard of Skiff Mild but it may be the situation where certain words (Light, Mild, etc.) Are no longer allowed in toby sales.

Enjoy it! Compare!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

3. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Interesting! Let us know how it smokes.

4. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Member

Yup. Ill let you know how it smokes. I suppose Ill crack it open (not literally, lol) in about a week or so. I wanted to wait until I found out what it was before I tried it, but I suppose trying it might help me figure out what it is. By the way the word "mild" is not in parentheses, it is in a little blue oblong oval under the word mixture. Not sure if that helps. Umm, but no, unfortunately there is no barcode or anything, just the store sticker that says $9.50. I'll post pictures of the tin in my profile. Maybe they will help y'all help me. lol. Thanks ppl!

5. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I think no barcode is a good thing. The barcode thing would mean, modern technology was engaged to mark the product for identifing/tracking purposes. No bar code will probably mean older product. If your tin still has a good seal, you're in for a fantastic smoke. You're lucky!
    Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.