1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Slicing up a fine cigar to use in the pipe.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Brian, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Member

I enjoy the occasional fine cigar, but the $10 price tag for a single smoke kind of kills the buzz for me. I am a tightwad. I know I could just go ahead and test this out, but hey! It's something to talk about :)

I've smoked some rope like Best Brown #4. That pretty much just looks like a wet stinky cigar, and you just cut slices off it. So what about a regular cigar?

Anyone tried this? Does it smoke right that way? It seems like I could get 4 or 5 good bowls out of a decent sized stogie. Much more bang for the buck.

2. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

When I was in college the janitor of my dorm would smoke cigars down to the butt and then poke what was left into a pipe. I suppose chopping a cigar into 4 or 5 chunks and dropping them into a pipe would work. Let us know how it works out.

3. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

4. Brian

Brian Member

Sorry for the repeat, didn't read down far en0ugh to see the other thread.

I was gonna give it a try anyway soon.

5. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

I read somewhere that Winston Churchill's grounds keeper was a dear friend to him and Mr Churchill would save his nubs for him to smoke in his pipe. but I cant remember where I read it.

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I had a customer that bought Don Jose Churchill sized cigars by the bundle ... the first time he came in he bought em ... cut it ... filled a pipe w/ it ... and lit her up ! I thought " damn ... just smoke the cigar " but thats what he did . A bundle a week . And he was a hell of a golfer . He'd take 3 clubs w/ him when he played and beat the snot outta almost anybody . Quite the character . I guess it would work if ya didnt bust it up but cut it with a cutter and droped it in the way my customer did . I've never tried it myself . I got a box of El Rey Del Mundo Choix supreme [ toro ] for my birthday from my pop [cool huh ] and I'm tempted to try it being I got a whole box . For any of you cigar smokin dudes ...the Choix supreme is a really good smoke .But not as good as a Punch Chatue M ... imo

7. SandSquid

SandSquid Member

I have the cigar smokers save me thier nipped ends, I carefully slice them into a nice ribbon and load up the pipe. tasty!

8. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that a Nic or Honduran puro (perferably with a Corojo wrapper, or maybe a CT shade wrapper), sliced and diced and then mixed with some crumbled OGS or MacB Navy Flake (maybe even Erinmore or Pete UF flake) - praps some CH even - might be an interesting smoke. (I might just have to speriment some - just need to figure out what pipe I want to sacrifice to the cause cuz I'm not sure what kind of ghost I might get in tht sucker).

9. Brian

Brian Member

I was thinking about the ghost ... probably a strong specter that would need some serious exorcism. I'm gonna try it in a "throw away" cob I think.

10. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

I did this the first time i got a pipe...had to pipe toby but did hae a cigar in my jacket pocket.....and it was not a good cigar to do it with.......

11. slr

slr Member

I do with with my Cuban cigars since I hate to part with them. So when they are plugged, I cut them into small coins, fill the pipe and smoke it. I enjoy it. Better then wasting them when they are plugged.

12. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I used to be a one-a-day cigar smoker, but gave them up three years ago to keep the wife happy. I've smoked maybe 3-4 cigars total since. I could see dedicated a cob to diced cigars if they tasted good, but my first experience with a cigar in a pipe wasn't that great. I guess if I want a cigar taste, I'll just smoke the stogie!

I am curious to see what other people have for experiences trying this though.

13. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

LOL ... interesting you say ... might as well toss in some green peppers :)

14. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Hhhhmmmm, what curing method are we talking on the green peppers....

15. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Knowing John even a wee bit, I'd say he's hoping Giada will store some for him until "ripe". :ohyh:

Kiowapipe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.