Small cherished toby "sample" or "remains"

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Puff The Magic, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

The smallest size canning jar goes to 4oz (of what's commercially available for canning) BUT if you needed to go even smaller (your preference) baby food jars or jars that seal well and don't "flavor" the tobacco heavily are ideal. Since baby food generally is not spiced much at all, the lids are usually "ghost" free. Another good example would be the tiny jars that jams, jellies, and preserves come in (the hotel size).

All large enough to keep a small amount of cherished toby you are savoring, only have a small amount (left), and don't want to take up the space. Just a suggestion of course.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

2. Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe Active Member

Great idea. I'll definitely use that.

3. Stoked

Stoked Member

Great idea, Puff! Thanks.

[​IMG]
    Ahh, burley in the morning!

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Works for me! :punk:

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

5. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Yep....my last few bowls of EMP, Bohemian Scandal, and Balkan Sobranie are stored in Baby Food jars...they work a treat.

6. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

Good advice. I'm always left with a few odds and ends that I just dump in a 'slop jar'. While this makes for some interesting and surprising smokes, it also leads to smokes that don't make any sense and end up being "muddy" for lack of a better word.

I'm not going out of my way to buy any baby food but I will keep my eyes peeled around the house for small, airtight containers instead of just mixing up the leftovers.

Thanks.
    WK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.