1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

smokes only one blend

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by David Emond, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Its just called Dunhill 965 Match. Ive never had it, but Ive read about it on TR. I'd like to try it...

http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/spgm?dpt=F&srch=DF&item=altmd965

David Emond likes this.
  2. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Hmmm, that's funny (or is ironic the right word?). Those are the folks from whom I was getting my bulk 965 .. and so on.

They are really nice folks and Samuel the Tobacconist seems knowledgeable and helpful. I may have to give the Altadis a try. Thanks, Coda.

David Emond and Coda like this.
  3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

My local carries their Heavy English in bulk, and I grab some whenever Im low...its a pretty decent smoke. Last time I was in, in fact, they had some new Altadis blends that looked interesting...Virginia Slices...

David Emond likes this.
  4. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Sounds about right, I figured you were about 1% sweet :D

To save you the effort :wedg: :laff:

David Emond and DGErwin11 like this.
  5. Coastal Bend

I envy you a bit for the tobacco selection of your local shop. The place we have is very friendly. Most any time one goes there a group of guys are gathered around a table, which is right in front of the store, smoking and telling stories. However, all they offer in bulk are aromatics.

David Emond likes this.
  6. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Well, other than the two I mentioned, c&d virginia gentleman, a house blend called english.cafe, and another virginia, they are loaded with aromatics...i won't complain though...im lucky to even have a shop local.

David Emond likes this.
  7. Uncleowen

Uncleowen Member

Coda,
    Just got to say as a newbie on the forum, I love ur avatar. I have Mr. Foote's photo hanging in my man cave.... I am looking at it now.

David Emond likes this.
  8. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Funny how you dont always get notifications when people post in your thread. I forgot about this thread and now its at 2 pages hehe. Well the guy two houses from me only smokes captain black gold he said. I gave him a ton of tobacco to try out and havent had any feedback yet. ill have to go see him soon.

9. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I am a huge Shelby Foote fan. I think a photo on the wall would be a good addition to my "study". I am taking a Civil War and Reconstruction independent study this fall at school, and Ive been prepping by reading a ton of Mr. Foote. I could listen to him speak for hours...

10. neoclassical

neoclassical Member

I could do this with either C&D's Rajah's Court, GLP Charring Cross, Peterson Old Dublin, or maybe 3 Oaks/Blue Mtn if I had to.

Dondi likes this.
  11. Coastal Bend

Hey, Coda, I called Cup O Joe today and ordered a half-pound to try. If you like, I'll let you know what I think. Thanks for the tip. :bing:

Coda likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.