Smoking Chew Tobacco... yeah...

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Fjellkniven, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fjellkniven

Fjellkniven Member

Ok, so dont laugh, but I did today. I had Red Man loose leaf that was sorta dried out, and I said... what the hell lol. I let it dry to a decent consistency... decent. Then I packed it. The cut is a little long, but actually pretty good. Also, cutting it a bit would not hurt, but again, I am the lazy type. ;)

First impressions: When you light it, the sugar that burns off smells like anus, and tastes like bitter rubber. So, I waited a couple seconds, and puffed for a bit, and I must admit, it was not TOO bad...

It had a very slight bitterness to it, but not too bad, and it tasted like it does when you chew it kinda. Like raisins... but burned sort of hot. Also, it has tongue bite... quite a bit at first, but evens out later on in the bowl (due to the sugar content).

However, the worst part is, it had more of a punch to it. More nicotine than I needed, thats for sure. That is why I left this for as long as I did.... I do not enjoy hurling all over the porch lol.

Overall, it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. For you guys that have a knack for nicotine, or are coming from cigarettes, or even who like cigars, I'd say try it; just to say you did.... in fact I'd say try it ANYWAY, just because. It is different to say the least, but who knows, you may like it lol.

Anyone else here tried this? Or the opposite... Chewing pipe tobacco (maybe jackKnife plug would work)?

2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

I just finished smoking some Cumberland sweet twist - love it!, I smoke some of the SG and G&H twists (which are really a chewing tobacco) most days - have done for many years.
    [​IMG]

3. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

I say good job. No guts, no glory. Pioneer spirit. Sure chaw in a pipe. Why not? What is chewing tobacco, after all, if nothing less than the floor sweepings of everything else drizzled with molasses and shovelled into a bag? ;)

Fjellkniven, Brit abroad and jdto like this.
  4. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

I'm not sure who it was that said this, but apparently their grandfather would chew a wad of tobacco each night and leave it out on his porch, then the next morning after it had dried out he'd smoke it in his pipe.

Fjellkniven likes this.
  5. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I used to love Taylor's Pride and Cannon Ball (Plug). Good stuff for chaw. Don't know how it smokes. I don't even know if they still sell it.

6. templehall

templehall Member

I'll admit that I tried it last week. Chewed a wad of Redman , then let it dry. When it had the right moisture content stuffed into a CG and lit her up.... I won't be doing that bit again. It was worth it to try it, but if that was the only way for me to smoke a pipe I'd give up the pipe in a heartbeat.

just5042 likes this.
  7. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

I just peed myself laughing :laff:, great description of a room note!

Fjellkniven likes this.
  8. Bear84

Bear84 Member

I enjoy some loose leaf on occasion, just never thought to jam a wad in the ol briar. Not really apt to try if I get anus as a room note. Urinal cake I may dive in, but anus just crosses a line.

9. Fjellkniven

Fjellkniven Member

Lol... well I sure am glad I am not alone! lol... One of my friends is an avid chewer. I might just snatch some Plug off of him, and give it a try lol. ;)

just5042 likes this.
  10. Fjellkniven

Fjellkniven Member

LOL! That was the immediate char light. after about 3 seconds, it is all gone. afterward it has a note like a very sweet aromatic Haha

11. Bear84

Bear84 Member

Words truly do paint the picture in the mind's eye. If you would have said it smelled like crap, most would have overlooked it, myself included. Dropping the "a" bomb in there narrows down the spectrum into specific identification.

just5042 and Brit abroad like this.
  12. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

I believe that both of those are carried in my area.

13. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

If you like the occasional chew, Taylor's Pride can't be beat, IMO.

14. brumoon

brumoon Member

Remember reading about the Rough Riders a long time ago. Supposedly they were running short on tobacco so they took their chewing tobacco - after they chewed it - dried it out and smoked it in their pipes. Have no idea how it tasted.

15. GlassEye

GlassEye Member

Probably not great, I would assume taste wasn't of great importance for the ones doing this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.