1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking in a storm

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by chud333, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KC2YSR

KC2YSR Member

I can't wait to sit out on the porch during a storm. Or, when I move this summer, it'll be sitting in the Garage with the door open, but same difference. I heard a rumble or two of thunder last night which made me that much more excited :puffy:

chud333 likes this.
  2. craig

craig Active Member

Im terrified of thunderstorms so no go for me although when its really heavy rain i stand in my kitchen with the windows open and just listen and draw away on my pipe
    Very relaxing

3. KSB1979

KSB1979 New Member

Yep, I do love a good rain storm. One of my grandfather's favorite pass times was listening to rain on a tin roof. I have a lot of happy memories from his cabin in Alaska. I'm in a camper right now thanks to the housing shortage and I can't help but light up when a storm rolls in and starts pinging off the metal roof.

Reminds me of a funny story from my last job. Myself and one other field op were out dropping off equipment in the middle of no-where. There were some rain storms coming into the area and we were trying to finish up before they hit us. Then this happens:

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u601/KSB1979/0719121505_zpsfc2d3e0b.jpg

Only a few days before, I had gotten my smokes organized for work. I had a few pipes, tobacco, fancy new cigar cutter and dual pipe/cigar butane lighter and a sampler pack of cigars. When my co-driver asked if I had smokes, I just opened up the box, smiled, and said "I've always got smokes."

For over two hours we just sat on the deck of the truck, smoked, and watched the rain storm roll in. When the rain got too heavy we'd jump back in the truck and listen to it patter on the roof. Good times.

4. chud333

chud333 Member

Great story bummer about the trailer but at least you got a chance to smoke some and watch a storm roll in.

Mark Dawson likes this.
  5. KC2YSR

KC2YSR Member

I actually got to sit out on the porch last night during a thunderstorm. The light rain got heavier as I got about halfway through my pipe, and the lightning and thunder rolled in...It was amazing!

Mark Dawson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.