Smoking in the Smokies

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by mitch11111, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mitch11111

mitch11111 Member

Last week a couple friends and I took a trip down to Tennessee. We rented a cabin up in the mountains. While shopping, I stopped in at a little cigar shop and picked up a few tobaccos to try.
    The first tobacco was called Bella Vanilla from Flavours by Cao. The tin note reminded me of both vanilla and oatmeal cookies. The tobacco packed fine and stayed lit fairly well. The smoke was very smooth flavorful. It was great for a relaxing smoke with a mountain view.
    The second tobacco was called Fox & Hound from Tobacco Galleria. The tobacco contained a mixture of red virginia, turkish, burley, latakia, and perique. Out of the pouch, the tobacco smelled very robust and flavorful. It was easy to both pack and keep lit. This smoke was full bodied and strong, but not too overwhelming. This tobacco hit the spot at the end of the night after a good dinner.
    The two tobaccos were fairly different in comparison. I thoroughly enjoyed both of them on the trip, and would recommend them both.

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

I think the hills up here make any weed taste better. I like to head up into the Smokys early in the morning just as the mist is rising and smoke a bowl or two. Great way to start the day.

3. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

Mmm... That Bella Vanilla is my favorite vanilla-flavored baccy. Good stuff!

Although now I'd much rather light up a bowl of Latakia-heavy weed or even just a plain Virginia or Virginia/Perique

4. The German Shepherd

The German Shepherd Member

Sounds great.  I am envious.  What could be better than time spent like that?

Jay

5. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Damn, sounds like a great time.

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Jesla's right - but up there in any hills does it just fine - clear air and good tobacco, what more can you ask?

Happy smoking

Gerry

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Sounds like my world ... woke up this am to big time mist .... driving will wait so I guess it's time to light up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.