1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Smoking Kills!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Tas Gunsmith, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

I am anything but politically correct. I guess my biggest thing with that pipe (not a reflection on anyone) is that I'm part of an organization that is now #1 in the occurence of suicides. So, thinking of smoking that one kinda makes me shiver. That and I preach to my teen son that firearms aren't toys and how much respect he has to have for my rifle and other firearms. Smoking that gun would deliver the wrong message. I think it is really cool though.

2. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Sweet find Taz...I love it! That's right up my alley...would love walking down the street puffing on that rascal. It would fit right in with my bear pipe, monkey pipes and face pipe... :eek:hyeah:
    I've seen them rarely on the Bay, usually one piece...nice that the bowl/grip is removable on yours.
    Now to find a suitable tobacco...something like "Black Powder Perique". :0laugh:

3. loaf

loaf Member

co incidentally, i happen to have won something that looks extra ordinarily similar to that pipe, somewhat on an impulse, the listing wasnt very detailed about the origins or history of the pipe, but im looking forward to delivery now, so i can research it and find out whats the story.

4. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Make sure you post a pic when it comes!

5. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

I get where you are coming from but here it's getting to the stage where they want to ban toy guns because they look too much like the real thing in some instances. I guess there are pros and cons for this.

I feel for the kids though that want to play cowboys and Indians with their cap guns outside as we used to do.
    Another reason to keep them inside in front of the tv or computer getting as little exercise as possible. Daylight is bad too, that's why there are all these vampire movies of late.

6. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

Yeah, when I was in Iraq (a country with pretty much no toys, but tons of real guns), a small child walked up behind a soldier who spun around, saw the gun in his hand and killed him. It was not unusual for children to shoot or blow up US soldiers, and extremely unusual for a child to have a toy and this one's toy gun looked real from just a couple feet away. This image will stay with me forever and I was not even the one that has to live with shooting an "innocent" child.

So yeah, I believe in safety measures with weapons and toys alike. I never had a problem holding a stick and going bang bang when I was a kid.

7. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Missed this thread til now - assumed it'd be about the damn health warnings on tobacco packs!

Tas - is the smoke hole smaller than on a Falcon? Is there a raised ring in the humidome where the goo is collected? Made in France and a system pipe - I'd say it was a Rocket Brand; had the nylon stemmed one way back when; have never been able to find info on them since,

Happy smoking

Gerry

8. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

I think it was designed more for fun than use. I probably won't smoke it, I wanted it for a conversation piece mostly also I may be able to turn it in to a logo.

The stem is one piece and moulded from vulcanite. The grip of the pistol is basically hollow with the draft hole running in to it.
    The briar bowl has a one start thread around 5/8 in diameter and a 3/16 hole in the bottom.
    There is no real science to this one, more for fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.