Smoking plug chew

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruffinogold, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I saw a post here talking about people smoking plug chew back in "the day" and being I'm in the N. Georgia mountains .... we got that stuff here . so what the hell . . . I buy some Cannonball cut plug [ $ 4.59 ]and give it a whirl . Moist stuff . didnt lite like smoking tobacco [cause it aint ] Didnt taste good to me ...so I chewed it ... I'm no chewer but it was better to chew than smoke . I won't do it again but hey , for the forum why not . If ya want to do what grandpa might have done [ untill he tried Edgeworth] then go for it . My wife thought I was a freak for doing it .... gross says she ... so I'll stick to my Golden Extra and keep the red head :yes:

2. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

the chew plugs used to be the same thing as the pipe tobacco, not the other way around if i've understood the descriptions. its more like people used to chew peterson's perfect plug than people used to smoke compressed levi garett.

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Very well may be true . In New York they smoked what you're talkin about no doubt . Deep south mountains ... it was this stuff . Might be the real reason the yanks won the war . This stuff is ruff to smoke . Bout killed me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.