1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

So i was having a smoke yesterday.....

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by craig, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I usually get the odd glance by those surprised that anyone still smokes a pipe. And once at an outdoor sporting event I had a kid in the stands actually stare at me. I'm sure e thought it was marijuana.

People at work used to give me the odd look or smile. Now they know it's just me being me. The guy at the local wine and spirits shop was surprised when I explained I was looking for a Scotch to complement my pipe. He said he had customers who smoked cigars with the same interest, but hadn't met a pipe smokers in eons.

Ticketyboo!

2. fogpipe

fogpipe Member

Coincidentally enough, i got a stern look at the bus stop yesterday :) There at at least 2 other guys in the neighborhood that are pipe smokers tho, i have seen them outside, and i have been living in the neighborhood long enough now that people are used to seeing me walk around smoking.
    Honestly i have to say, i have gotten more positive remarks and interest than negative, remarks about it smelling good (when downtown lately i have been smoking bagpipers dream and erinmore flake), a kid at the local college by where i work who is saying that he is quitting cigs for a pipe etc

3. craig

craig Active Member

aww thats awesome guys see where i live its a smallish town and quite a few people are quite narrow minded, and pipers arent a regular thing where i live sadly enough, but in the major citys its proably more accepted than were i live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.